OTAs News and Notes

Nnivolcm

15 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Badgley is going to start the regular season, Bates will be on PS. If Badgley struggles, he'll be cut and they'll consider moving Bates up depending on how he's doing during practices. 

That's my guesstimate. 

I saw someone post something about Bates being the PK and then the guy we just waived (his name escapes me right now) would go on PS. 

Bates has a 2 year contract, so there is some level of a time commitment to him. With all of our prior kicking issues and everything we have on the line, I just don't see the Lions relying on two young guys.

37 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I saw someone post something about Bates being the PK and then the guy we just waived (his name escapes me right now) would go on PS. 

Bates has a 2 year contract, so there is some level of a time commitment to him. With all of our prior kicking issues and everything we have on the line, I just don't see the Lions relying on two young guys.

I haven't seen the details of the contract, but a 2 year contract is meaningless if there isn't substantial guaranteed money in year two. 

• Like 1