2024 Keeper Help

Need help with last keeper in 10 team PPR with 2 flex spots

have to use one round higher pick than where taken the year before, but lowest pick for keeper is 7th. can keep 3 players (in brackets is round needed to use pick to keep)

keeping for sure:

breece hall (3rd)

devon Achane (7th)

need 1 more from:

anthony Richardson (6th)

Alvin Kamara (6th)

Stroud (6th)

also have aiyuk (4th) and waddle (2nd) But see better value for one of the others with later pick

was originally thinking Richardson but Kamara in 6th in PpR is hard to pass up and locks in my RB spots 

Keeper help- 10 team PPR

need to use one pick higher than last years to keep player

already keeping 

Breece hall (3rd)

Devon Achane (7th)

need to pick one more keeper from

anthony Richardson (6th)

Kamara (6th)

I have a keeper question.

.5 PPR keeper league where we keep two standard keepers and 1 prospect keeper.  I am not going to bore you with the details of what a prospect keeper is as it is irrelevant.  I am keeping QB Josh Allen and J. Taylor and have the choice to keep either A. Richardson who would be my backup QB or George Pickens who should be my 3rd or 4th WR after the draft and potentially my flex play.  

I am trying to move Richardson for a pick but if I can't would it be insane to keep him over Pickens?  I am a bit worried about Allen this year due to lack of weapons, a bad Oline and a D that has regressed. What worries me about Allen more than anything is potential injury with him likely running more do to his lack of weapons and increased risk taking, leading to turnovers as they will be playing from behind more this season.  AR has a history of being injured back to his Florida days and is much more of an injury concern than Allen but the combo of the two should have my QB room being the strongest of anyone in the league. AT least to start the year and if AR stays healthy he could net me a high end pick or player as the season progresses. 

Pickens is criminally underrated due to a history of terrible QB play but is a cooked Russ or terrible passer Fields going to change that?  I'm not so sure they will as both of those guys suck at playing QB.  However he is the #1 WR on a team with a weak WR room and a team looking to replace the targets lost from the departure of Johnson.  Those have to go somewhere and Pickens should be the #1 target.  

My question is what would you do in this situation?  What do you see Pickens floor being?  He had a pretty good season last year with limited targets (1150/5) and I don't see Russ playing at a level worse than Pickett even though we all can see Russ is cooked.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 hour ago, twslhs20 said:

why don't you try to move Allen. I bet you get a haul.

I like Allen as a player and love to root for him.  It's also the last day before roster cutdown's so trying to move him now will be difficult.

Would you rather keep Allen and AR5 or Allen and Pickens?  I like Pickens but keeping AR5 will hurt the pool of remaining QB's.  My guess is someone will get screwed and then I can try to move him after the draft to someone who is desperate.  

On 8/18/2024 at 10:52 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

I have a keeper question.

.5 PPR keeper league where we keep two standard keepers and 1 prospect keeper.  I am not going to bore you with the details of what a prospect keeper is as it is irrelevant.  I am keeping QB Josh Allen and J. Taylor and have the choice to keep either A. Richardson who would be my backup QB or George Pickens who should be my 3rd or 4th WR after the draft and potentially my flex play.  

I am trying to move Richardson for a pick but if I can't would it be insane to keep him over Pickens?  I am a bit worried about Allen this year due to lack of weapons, a bad Oline and a D that has regressed. What worries me about Allen more than anything is potential injury with him likely running more do to his lack of weapons and increased risk taking, leading to turnovers as they will be playing from behind more this season.  AR has a history of being injured back to his Florida days and is much more of an injury concern than Allen but the combo of the two should have my QB room being the strongest of anyone in the league. AT least to start the year and if AR stays healthy he could net me a high end pick or player as the season progresses. 

Pickens is criminally underrated due to a history of terrible QB play but is a cooked Russ or terrible passer Fields going to change that?  I'm not so sure they will as both of those guys suck at playing QB.  However he is the #1 WR on a team with a weak WR room and a team looking to replace the targets lost from the departure of Johnson.  Those have to go somewhere and Pickens should be the #1 target.  

My question is what would you do in this situation?  What do you see Pickens floor being?  He had a pretty good season last year with limited targets (1150/5) and I don't see Russ playing at a level worse than Pickett even though we all can see Russ is cooked.  

Sorry, been busy with family in town and havent checked the board much.  I would keep Allen, Taylor and Pickens.  I like Richardson's upside but right now having a starting WR/Flex of Pickens caliber is better than having a bench QB.   I think Pickens will be on the verge of WR1 this year and should easily be a safe WR2.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Sorry, been busy with family in town and havent checked the board much.  I would keep Allen, Taylor and Pickens.  I like Richardson's upside but right now having a starting WR/Flex of Pickens caliber is better than having a bench QB.   I think Pickens will be on the verge of WR1 this year and should easily be a safe WR2.  

I tend to agree. AR is more of a roster clog than anything. Its fine if its near playoff time and you want to play keep away, but not at the beginning of the season.

8 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Thanks for the reply and I totally agree.  The more I have thought about it and keeping a player who can produce for me outweighs the possibility of a potential trade down the line for a player who would most likely be on my bench.

I also agree with your take on Pickens.  That talent is there to be a number 1 but can he play with a competant QB who can get him the ball.  That is the major question.  He had a pretty good year with the bum Pickett so even if it's cooked Russ to start the year that should be an upgrade.  Fields I am not so sure as he is a terrible passer. 

10 team PPR keeper help

need help deciding on last keeper spot (Have to use a round higher pick than last year to keep guys)

already keeping 

Breece hall (3rd)

Achane (7th)

can’t decide between Kamara (6th) or Anthony  Richardson (6th)

On 8/13/2024 at 12:41 PM, Dr LBC said:

I'd probably still pop for Evans in the 5th there as a keeper in a full PPR league.  With keepers removed - he didn't say how many teams in the league - he's likely looking at a 2-round shelf/acceleration over standard ADP in terms of projecting where guys will go.  This roughly puts Evans at straight value (I have him at the bottom of my 5th tier in full PPR, but based on what he's likely to see available in those first 4 rounds, that's effectively casting Evans as his WR2, which 5th-tier is fine for me).  Even if he ends up paying the premium and biting a round or two ahead of normal ADP to ensure getting Flowers, he's still only being cast as a WR3 and there should be guys available in that same range who, in the format, can be just as effective WR3's with a smidge less upside if he misses on him - Christian Kirk balls out in PPR, Diontae Johnson and Terry McClaurin should still be #1 targets in their offenses, and if he doesn't get disciplined this season Rashee Rice is going to be a steal in that range).

Its a 10 team. Solid insight. Thank you.

3 hours ago, Brendan said:

10 team PPR keeper help

need help deciding on last keeper spot (Have to use a round higher pick than last year to keep guys)

already keeping 

Breece hall (3rd)

Achane (7th)

I'd lean Richardson.  Kamara is at fall off age and you already have two solid RBs.  Neither are amazing value but I like AR quite a bit. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brendan said:

10 team PPR keeper help

already keeping 

Breece hall (3rd)

Achane (7th)

It'd close for me. I lean AR., He has top 5 potential. Kamara is the 2-3rd read depending on the Tayson Hill Effect. I like Kamara a lot this year though for value.

On 8/21/2024 at 11:01 AM, twslhs20 said:

It'd close for me. I lean AR., He has top 5 potential. Kamara is the 2-3rd read depending on the Tayson Hill Effect. I like Kamara a lot this year though for value.

Kamara makes me nervous.  The age for RBs that aren't named Adrian Peterson is a signal for a steep drop off.  AP and Gore are the only ones from the modern era to be over 2k in yards after the age of 29 and Gore was ok but just played forever and wasnt a fantasy asset during that time.  Kamara has more support being a pass catching back but I think Miller and Williams take more snaps this year and/or Kamara gets hurt.  I just trust history too much, its why I also stay away from Henry now even thought there is a good chance he is an outlier. 

6 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Kamara makes me nervous.  The age for RBs that aren't named Adrian Peterson is a signal for a steep drop off.  AP and Gore are the only ones from the modern era to be over 2k in yards after the age of 29 and Gore was ok but just played forever and wasnt a fantasy asset during that time.  Kamara has more support being a pass catching back but I think Miller and Williams take more snaps this year and/or Kamara gets hurt.  I just trust history too much, its why I also stay away from Henry now even thought there is a good chance he is an outlier. 

I had something and it got lost thanks to tab switching and a super fun ff ad. Kamara is the guy you're willing to be wrong on and I respect it I feel the same about Kyren.