Training Camp Notes/Discussion/Observations Thread

Embarrassing against the Eagles at practice on offense. Absolutely embarrassing 

This is another long year on that side of the ball, Maye cannot see a single snap

When our stubborn coaching staff finally realise that our OL has been and will continue to torpedo our entire efforts on offense, then only may we finally see an improvement. 

Carter was best by Onwenu once, then proceeded to use our OL like a cushion in the way for the rest of the day. 

The offense looks as bad as at any time in camp over the last 3 years. I remember being a bit excited with Mac’s first team, he showed signs of putting together intelligent drives and putting pressure on the defense. Which ended up being a false flag.

I don’t have anything near that level of confidence in this year’s offence.

Another TE down (already down Hooper and Henry). Sounds like Jaheim Bell took advantage of the opportunity. Hopefully he can stack those days, I know a big fan of his potential.

On the other side, Jon and Marcus Jones are back. Big for the CB room, but seems they’re both made of glass. Gonna be hard to depend on either of them for a full season.

Can’t find a shred of anything on Takitaki, Mapu, or Barmore. I know the latter has no time table…sucks.

Most recently, executive V.P. of player personnel Eliot Wolf broke from the longstanding Belichickian refusal to talk about anyone under contract elsewhere by answering two questions about 49ers receiver Brandon Aiyuk.

Here’s the first question: “There was a report that you guys ended your pursuit of Brandon Aiyuk. What went into that decision, and how would you describe the negotiations?”

Wolf: “Yeah, just kind of a feel. It was sort of a situation where he’s still in San Francisco, and that hasn’t been worked out from their standpoint yet. But we just felt, organizationally, our young receivers have had a really good week, and they’re continuing to progress, so we’re excited about those guys."

So has the door fully closed on trading for Aiyuk?

“Yes, at this point,” Wolf said.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/eliot-wolf-says-door-is-closed-on-a-brandon-aiyuk-trade-at-this-point

in other news, Vikings have come to terms with Stephon Gilmore.

7 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Most recently, executive V.P. of player personnel Eliot Wolf broke from the longstanding Belichickian refusal to talk about anyone under contract elsewhere by answering two questions about 49ers receiver Brandon Aiyuk.

Here’s the first question: “There was a report that you guys ended your pursuit of Brandon Aiyuk. What went into that decision, and how would you describe the negotiations?”

Wolf: “Yeah, just kind of a feel. It was sort of a situation where he’s still in San Francisco, and that hasn’t been worked out from their standpoint yet. But we just felt, organizationally, our young receivers have had a really good week, and they’re continuing to progress, so we’re excited about those guys."

So has the door fully closed on trading for Aiyuk?

“Yes, at this point,” Wolf said.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/eliot-wolf-says-door-is-closed-on-a-brandon-aiyuk-trade-at-this-point

in other news, Vikings have come to terms with Stephon Gilmore.

That's one thing they should have took from Bill belichick, shut your damn mouth.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, m haynes said:

That's one thing they should have took from Bill belichick, shut your damn mouth.

that's funny. if you follow the link and go to that story, there were lots of references (i removed) about how press relations with the Patriots are different now, post Belichick.

I’d have preferred the good ol’ “we don’t talk about players on other teams” answer there, lol.

I miss a lot about Bill (and don’t miss quite a few things too), but none maybe more than the 4 seconds clips of him responding to media members.

AK130Z.gif

1 hour ago, Soko said:

I’d have preferred the good ol’ “we don’t talk about players on other teams” answer there, lol.

I miss a lot about Bill (and don’t miss quite a few things too), but none maybe more than the 4 seconds clips of him responding to media members.

AK130Z.gif

Classic. Make's me smile everytime

"Question: Seeing you take some snaps at LG with the top unit, what does that tell you about the offseason/preseason you’ve had?"

I read this and hear other things about the camp and the O Line ..... I go crazy.  This implies, he's put there with what, a week left in camp !!!!!!!

This team stinks, period. The OL is a joke.  THE ROOKIE SHOULD PLAY NO MATTER WHAT.  I don't want to hear they have to work for it, or they are not ready. WHO cares. Let them learn on the job, get experience or show they stink and move on.

If they have design of Wallace playing LT START HIM. Robinson LG start him.

For God sake, what do the vets have to keep the trash like Lowe on the field.

We stink so, I want to stink with rookies.

The excuse, best way to protect the QB.  

Ok,  QB gets hit 90 times with vets with rookies 100 times !!!!!!!!!!!!

Protect the QB will only happen if the OC designs the game plan to do so.

Run Run Run and Run !!!!!  Pass like Macs 1st year, short and limit the attempts.  99% passing plays 10 yards.

Use the Zippie Green Bay plan every game !!!!!!

No word but a head shake , damn.

Edited by m haynes

20 hours ago, m haynes said:

"Question: Seeing you take some snaps at LG with the top unit, what does that tell you about the offseason/preseason you’ve had?"

I read this and hear other things about the camp and the O Line ..... I go crazy.  This implies, he's put there with what, a week left in camp !!!!!!!

This team stinks, period. The OL is a joke.  THE ROOKIE SHOULD PLAY NO MATTER WHAT.  I don't want to hear they have to work for it, or they are not ready. WHO cares. Let them learn on the job, get experience or show they stink and move on.

If they have design of Wallace playing LT START HIM. Robinson LG start him.

For God sake, what do the vets have to keep the trash like Lowe on the field.

We stink so, I want to stink with rookies.

The excuse, best way to protect the QB.  

Ok,  QB gets hit 90 times with vets with rookies 100 times !!!!!!!!!!!!

Protect the QB will only happen if the OC designs the game plan to do so.

Run Run Run and Run !!!!!  Pass like Macs 1st year, short and limit the attempts.  99% passing plays 10 yards.

Use the Zippie Green Bay plan every game !!!!!!

No word but a head shake , damn.

the answer to that question is;

”It’s indicative of how poor the OL is, that I’m being elevated to potentially start already”

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Soko said:

I’ll never cheer or be happy for someone getting injured…

…but I won’t be upset if Lowe isn’t starting.

I would if it was Mahomes tbh…

but yes, if Lowe doesn’t play a single snap again, it’s a positive mark for us, imho.

Edited by Hunter2_1