Where will Jordan Love be ranked at the end of 2024?

Where will Jordan Love be ranked at the end of 2024?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Jordan Love be ranked at the end of 2024?

• He'll be contending with Burrow, Lamar, and Allen for the league's #2 spot behind Mahomes
    • He'll be contending with Stafford, Hurts, Dak, Cousins and co among the best QBs in the NFC
    • He'll be contending for the title of best QB in his division
    • He'll have regressed quite severely - above average to average and 2023 will look like a fluke

6 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Mayfield and Lawrence have never played at an elite level for half a season. Also people are forgetting Love started out pretty hot the first two games last year. And from Week 10 onwards was the #1 QB in the NFL. So, more than a half a season. Just had a meh six game stretch. 

I would not be shocked if solidify’s himself this year.

People just want to keep their pre-draft hate of Love alive. The pre-draft him for him got way out of hand and was not warranted. I personally loved him.  

This is like the twilight zone where I'm going to come to Baker and Trevor's defense here.

Baker 2020 - 8 Games (Week 7 - 14):                               66.53%comp  15:2 td:int  110.3 rtg  and 1987 yards
Trevor Lawrence 2022 - 9 Games (Week 9 - Week 18):  69.71% comp  15:2 td:int  104.6 rtg and 2273 yards

I'd argue both of those stretches were "elite".

I will admit I'm playing some dirty pool on Trevor because I'm too lazy to add the rushing stats, but the relevant piece is Trevor has 5 Fumbles lost. So, if you want to discredit this stretch with that, it won't take much to convince me. But Baker was still definitely legit for half a season in 2020 imo. 

I don't have anything against Jordan Love. I just think it's very probable that he slightly regresses, not because he's a bad player, but because he was so statistically strong towards the end of the year and it's simply not easy to improve on 32:11 and 4159 in your second full season, especially with more film out on him.

Edited by Soggust

On 8/7/2024 at 5:08 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Im shocked the highest voted option is winning and thats no disrespect to Love but Lamar has 2 MVPs. Burrow is the only active QB that has beaten Mahomes in the playoffs(probably forgetting 1) and Burrow at least led his team to a SB. Hurts was a leading MVP candidate thru like 14 weeks and went to a SB. Allen has been a consensus Top-3 for a while. Love might not be able to crack Top-5 until a 2nd full year of great/elite play happens

Why the limitation? Not that I absolutely agree or disagree, but if Love wins a SB, SBMVP, and has an All Pro caliber season he would have more hardware than Burrow and Allen, whose claims to fame are that they played great to well enough in playoff games against Mahomes while having good to great seasons.

Love would have had over a years worth of consistency at that point and he would be more accomplished than both. He’d easily be in the conversation with them, if not above them, if they get injured or look only above average to good themselves.

With his VS against Lamar he’d have the same argument that Burrow and Allen have over Lamar with playoffs success over the hardware.

It’d take an incredible season, but if he pulled all of that off, especially considering the track record of Green Bay QBs, it’ll be difficult to not elevate him to #2 in the QB rankings. Same with CJ Stroud if he puts together such a terrific season.

That said my predicted scenario is a former Russell Wilson type season, where there’s the hot start that has him in the MVP conversation and then he fades some down the stretch enough to where we can say he had a top 5’ish season, but most definitely isn't the MVP.