2024 Eagles regular season

2 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

We're going to be paying him till 2028 and he has a $16.4m cap hit next year. Point is though they should have always chosen Reddick over Sweat in the first place. Think most of this forum was in agreement that between the two of them, it was Sweat that we all wanted to get rid of, not Reddick.

Neither was a good option. The cliff isn’t far for Reddick and he was going to make a lot more. I would have preferred to keep him if possible, but seeing what’s going on with the Jets that seems unlikely. 

We needed to get impact on a budget. Huff was a miss and Hunt isn’t ready for the year. Nolan needed to contribute, but he can’t. 

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Neither was a good option. The cliff isn’t far for Reddick and he was going to make a lot more. I would have preferred to keep him if possible, but seeing what’s going on with the Jets that seems unlikely. 

We needed to get impact on a budget. Huff was a miss and Hunt isn’t ready for the year. Nolan needed to contribute, but he can’t. 

Yeah be mad at howie for Nolan smith,

not for reddick

reddick didn’t register a sack the last 6 games of 2023. He reportedly caused problems behind the scenes was 30 and looking for 25-30 million

howie made the right call on reddick

wrong call on how to replace him

9 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Also to be clear

i would’ve been fine not bringing sweat and reddick back and making a move for another guy

Hunter, burns whomever 

Well Hunter is turning 30 next month making $24.5m on a 2 year contract. The FO is getting exposed for some massive swing and misses along the front 7.

Edited by UndyTaker

3 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Well it seems Reddick was right to be pissed off last year. The way this defense is going theres going to be a lot of locker room drama yet again. 

Hardship does not excuse bad behavior

i dont hear stories of Calvin Johnson or Matthew stafford being locker room issues despite going 0-16

7 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Hardship does not excuse bad behavior

i dont hear stories of Calvin Johnson or Matthew stafford being locker room issues despite going 0-16

True, but that goes to every player, coach, and staff member of the Eagles. There were bad reports about Nick's behavior, and there have been bad reports about Howie's behavior. 

3 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

True, but that goes to every player, coach, and staff member of the Eagles. There were bad reports about Nick's behavior, and there have been bad reports about Howie's behavior. 

Sure

reddick has been on 4 different teams in 5 years despite double digit sacks every single one of those seasons. A premium stat

He’s not even suiting up for the 4th team and he might find himself on a 5th before ever playing for the 4th

Howie absolutely showed poor behavior, and that has since reportedly been rectified since

sirianni is clearly on his last legs and was almost fired

reddick needing 30 million to behave is prohibitive 

Sure

reddick has been on 4 different teams in 5 years despite double digit sacks every single one of those seasons. A premium stat

He’s not even suiting up for the 4th team and he might find himself on a 5th before ever playing for the 4th

Howie absolutely showed poor behavior, and that has since reportedly been rectified since

Sad Cry GIF by MOODMAN

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

Sad Cry GIF by MOODMAN

lol that’s fine

i dont think most eagle fans can have objective conversations about howie

or the QB

i actually have a theory the eagles can’t sustain success because of the type of fanbase it has.

imagine if kyle shanahan was the coach of the eagles. I’d love to see those posts.

I mean this is the same fanbase that made Andy Reid’s life a living hell here.

Problem is I don't know that there were any good options to replace either.  FA options were underwhelming and there wasn't a whole lot to get excited about in this draft class at edge.  Burns would've cost draft capital and a huge financial investment as well.  Howie boxed himself in a corner on this one and swung and missed badly on what was seemingly one of the top fa options.

Sure

Well Reddick was underpaid when we signed him to begin with. Bryce Huff is making more now than what we signed Reddick for 3 years ago, and he had double digit sacks two years in a row and for 2 different teams. Reddick wanted more money after his first year with the Eagles when he had 19.5 sacks (including playoffs) that year. It was obvious Reddick deserved more money and that this was going to become a problem for the Eagles. Reddick doesnt need 30 mill to behave, Reddick deserves more money period, and hes smart to sit out. Especially now that Jets just lost Jermaine Johnson for the year.