2024 Eagles regular season

Jordan Davis is above average at run defense, but a non factor in the pass rush. Which is relatively common at NT. We were hoping he could become a freak and develop the pass rush skills, but he didn't.

Being overdrafted doesn't mean he's a bad player, but he was not worth the ...14th? pick in the draft. If he was taken in the 2nd or 3rd round I doubt anyone would be complaining.

2 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

If I could drop off the graphic you could see just how little Jalen attacks the middle vs the rest of the league. It is obscene vs everyone else. It's a choice to not go that that at some point. That's where I'm at. I always wonder what would have happened with Jalen if Doug stayed and had him from the beginning, but it strange that Jalen doesn't change no matter who is handling him. The coaches aren't on the field is the point I'm trying to make overall. Jalen is on the field making audibles and decisions where to throw it. Nick could put throw it to goedert on repeat on jalens phone and play it in jalens sleep, but it may not change his decision when the lights hit and it's game time.  

Well the audibles he uses are decided by the coaches

he only can audible to the plays he’s given with the progressions said play entails

what I think is happening is jalen hurts either is telling them he likes to throw to the outside or they are determining that’s what he’s good at and that is what’s being baked into the offense

the reason I’m blaming coaching is because either of those 2 options means that the coaches are complicit one way or the other and aren’t being creative enough to mitigate the issue.

for example motion. Motion isn’t something that necessarily affects whether the ball goes outside or inside. The play and his keys do.

so for them to be bottom half of the league in motion seems like sirianni philosophy as I believe Frank Reich was bottom of the league in motion as well 

carson wentz and Doug were a bad combination. Carson needed Sean mcvay. Carson needed structure. Had Carson had a ben Johnson or Sean mcvay from day 1 Carson would still be the eagles QB. He would’ve developed healthy habits as a passer. 

jalen and nick are a bad combo because what Jalen needs is someone to creatively work around his limitations. He doesn’t need someone to just try to use his strengths and make him comfortable. He needs creative problem solving. He needs a schemer. A guy who can run the same play 20 different ways

2 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

That's because it wouldn't matter.  Andy isn't some miracle worker that can invent talent out of nothing AJ Feeley and Joy Detmer included.  The best 1-1 example is Michael Vick. Vick wasn't asked to do much of anything in the passing game with Atlanta, but Andy was able to take his raw talent and mold the offense around him to get the most out of him.  It worked for a little more than half a season until the league figures out Vick's limitations.  Andy didn't have an answer from there.  It's basically the phenomenon we witnessed in 2022 with Jalen Hurts, except it took about a full year for the NFL to catch up and learn how to play Jalen.  Now there are no cards left to play, same as Vick, and neither are/were able to make adjustments when the league figures them out. This is who he is and no amount of window dressing is going to hide it.

Coaching matters idk what to tell you 

look at Alex smiths stats before Jim harbaugh, look at them with Jim and Andy compared to everyone else 

Also there was a lot more than Vick going on with those late Andy eagles. Just like there’s a lot more going on now.

No matter how you slice it there is more creativity to be had with this offense. Especially in the running game, motion and screen game

Coaching is problem solving. 

41 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Well the audibles he uses are decided by the coaches

he only can audible to the plays he’s given with the progressions said play entails

what I think is happening is jalen hurts either is telling them he likes to throw to the outside or they are determining that’s what he’s good at and that is what’s being baked into the offense

the reason I’m blaming coaching is because either of those 2 options means that the coaches are complicit one way or the other and aren’t being creative enough to mitigate the issue.

for example motion. Motion isn’t something that necessarily affects whether the ball goes outside or inside. The play and his keys do.

so for them to be bottom half of the league in motion seems like sirianni philosophy as I believe Frank Reich was bottom of the league in motion as well 

carson wentz and Doug were a bad combination. Carson needed Sean mcvay. Carson needed structure. Had Carson had a ben Johnson or Sean mcvay from day 1 Carson would still be the eagles QB. He would’ve developed healthy habits as a passer. 

jalen and nick are a bad combo because what Jalen needs is someone to creatively work around his limitations. He doesn’t need someone to just try to use his strengths and make him comfortable. He needs creative problem solving. He needs a schemer. A guy who can run the same play 20 different ways

You are asking for an extremely rare type of OC...

This OC helped dak look good who has a similar skill set to jalen overall

Edited by Shalodeep