Week 2: Seahawks (1-0) @ Patriots (1-0)

Soko

The battle of the undefeateds! 

On paper this looks like another ground n’ pound performance. Seattle’s secondary is it’s strength on defense (the DL isn’t too shabby fwiw), and Mike McDonald knows how to dial things up.

Defensively it’ll be a tall task on the secondary. Lockett, Metcalf, and JSN won’t be simple covers, and Kenneth Walker is super dangerous out of the backfield.

Seahawks let Denver stick around last week, but I think they pull away in this one.

Hawks were pretty stout against the run last week, Denver tried it 25 times and they still didn’t get to 100 yards. Some of that is Nix running too. There was nothing there up the middle. 

I was really impressed with our IOL in their skill at turning Cinci‘s DTs to create lanes. Especially Layden, who looked a beast. But this will be harder. 

Lockett’a banged up a bit, I’m assuming Gonzo on Metcalf. We’ll probably make it hard for Geno. 

Probably a tough fought game! I think SEA win it late

Eminently Winnable game. 

Seahawks have smaller LBs so using sets with extra linemen should be able to bully them in the running game (assuming Hankins gets doubled in this scenario)

Also, a west coast team playing on the east coast at 1pm, and the first home game for a new coach. Gillette will be bumping.

Probably another low-scoring affair, too.

Patriots 17, Seahawks 13

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 1

I’m not sure it changes things too much because there’s not much of a gap between Okorafor and Lowe/any of the backup OTs/street FAs. I guess familiarity with the offense is his one advantage over [insert tackle from any team in the league’s practice squad].