Week 3: Ravens @ Cowboys (The Regular Season matters edition)

wackywabbit

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm not going to sift back through every harbaugh quote but I'm sure you can find it in Monken's opening press conference when they hired him as well as the first opening presser of this year as well.

And like @Xmad also pointed out, it's in our actions, too. We want to use more play action and be more efficient in our passing game, but opting to become a pass-first team with this personnel and QB is not what made Lamar Jackson a 2x MVP QB. We should be striving for a more balanced offense vs. run-heavy under Greg Roman, but we are a running team first and foremost.

If we stuck to this philosophy we'd probably win the AFCG we lost every metric and then lost the game. Penalties, turnovers, TOP, sacks, 3rd down efficiency, hell we even lost 1st downs from penalties (Great stat ESPN) the chiefs had 5. 

70% of this is a coaching issue the rest is the refs and execution which is literally player dependent. 

Wanna know how many 1st penalties the cowboys got? 6. we got 0.

Coaching is our issue and honestly I'm getting sick of the harbaugh b.s and yes we can't control the refs calling penalties but the players can be coached to not make it super obvious.

31 minutes ago, Xmad said:

If we stuck to this philosophy we'd probably win the AFCG we lost every metric and then lost the game. Penalties, turnovers, TOP, sacks, 3rd down efficiency, hell we even lost 1st downs from penalties (Great stat ESPN) the chiefs had 5. 

70% of this is a coaching issue the rest is the refs and execution which is literally player dependent. 

Wanna know how many 1st penalties the cowboys got? 6. we got 0.

Coaching is our issue and honestly I'm getting sick of the harbaugh b.s and yes we can't control the refs calling penalties but the players can be coached to not make it super obvious.

This is how many first downs the Cowboys got from penalty, right? Sheesh. Brutal. And I think 3-4 of those were during the 4th quarter collapse, too. I remember specifically 2 of them.

I'm with you on the coaching issues. Harbaugh is the common denominator throughout all of it, and eventually I just think a change is needed. The grass isn't always greener, but good organizations tend to make good hires regardless of circumstance (see: Seattle Seahawks) and I trust our organization to make the right move if it ever came to that, but the days of Harbaugh just shrugging his shoulders after every playoff exit where we abandon our identity midway through the 2nd quarter of a close game and eventually lose because of it are driving this fanbase collectively insane.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This is how many first downs the Cowboys got from penalty, right? Sheesh. Brutal. And I think 3-4 of those were during the 4th quarter collapse, too. I remember specifically 2 of them.

I'm with you on the coaching issues. Harbaugh is the common denominator throughout all of it, and eventually I just think a change is needed. The grass isn't always greener, but good organizations tend to make good hires regardless of circumstance (see: Seattle Seahawks) and I trust our organization to make the right move if it ever came to that, but the days of Harbaugh just shrugging his shoulders after every playoff exit where we abandon our identity midway through the 2nd quarter of a close game and eventually lose because of it are driving this fanbase collectively insane.

There's managing fan expectations and then letting the next great coach walk out the door (rip Mike MacDonald) Sometimes you just need a reset but I feel like the ravens don't want that change because their identity is tied to being a run first defensive team and finding one of those coaches who is a GOOD coach is rare. If they're gonna take that swing it's gonna be a homegrown dude who is clearly the next in line (ala Bellicheck and Mayo) Harbaugh is signed through 2025 and I'd imagine this year is basically his audition year for an extension. There's never gonna be a day when the ravens fire Harbaugh but there will be a day when it's time to mutually part ways. 

Todd Monken ain't that dude, maybe Zach Orr but I feel like he hasn't had the experience yet. Which leaves Chris Horton as our most tenured coordinator. **** no.

Likely we'll get a harbaugh extension by the end of 2024 that extends him through 2028-9 to finish out as the Ravens-Lamar era draws to a close and brings him to 20 years as the ravens coach. 

Unless **** hits the fan and we collapse entirely (entirely possible with injuries and if the o-line collapses and kills lamar) Harbaugh's our coach until I'd say at least 2028.

At least we aren't ravens west cause holy **** that injury bug is AWFUL.

• Like 1