Week 4 GDT (More like week 3 1/2) Cowboys vs Gmen 9/26 TNF @ 8:15PM Est

Giants4eva

Thoughts on last nights game.. 

Welp.. for me its 2 things and @minutemancl called em already. Timely drops and underthrown balls by Jones is what cost us this one. The defense did just enough for us to get us a chance to win, but even that being said they had us holding our breath on 3rd down stops. I know some ppl on social media were saying Daboll called the game conservative. I honestly thought he called it the way it should've been. He was going by the ebbs and flow of how things were going and we had multiple chances to score some TDs. Yeah the Bellinger call was the worst call of the NFL this year but we had our chances to put Dallas against the wall and finish them and we couldn't get it done. 

Jones is gonna be gone come 2025. Its a real shame with this kid. I mean I like him, but he just doesn't have the tools to lead this team downfield when needed and the arm strength to complete a deep ball. He is a game manager and game managers don't win Super Bowls. He will be the ultimate back up but it wont be with this team next season. There was easily 2 sure TDs left out on the field by him. Slayton and Nabers easily would've gone the distance on 2 specific plays had DJ gotten them the ball in stride. He's just not it. 

Defense did OK. I have to tip my hat to Flott last night because he seemed to be our best overall corner. Deonte was getting eaten alive by Lamb in that 1st half but seemed to settle in in the 2nd. Our defensive front was awful against the run and we were struggling mightily to get in Dak's face. Thibs got 1 sack which was a boost for him but overall the Dallas oline handled our guys up front. IMO our defense is average at best after 4 games. We may have gotten 8 sacks last game but its showing its because the Browns oline was just banged up. You wanna be elite u gotta handle elite olines like Dallas. They kept us in the game is about all I can say for them. 

I cant honestly pin this one on the coaching staff. I thought they called a solid overall game. I fully agreed with Daboll going for the FGs when we did. The points kept us in the game despite the crowd being pissed off about the calls. Daboll didn't lose us this game, this one is on Jones. 

Daboll / Schoen hot seat watch meter ---- currently 90/100 --Searing red hot..(fans are irate with them... firings could be coming) 

Edited by Giants4eva
  • Like 1

I'm several days late on this but we lost for a lot of reasons. Yes, you can say Jones missed a lot of passes that could have won us the game. I agree. He is a big reason we lost even without having any terrible plays. Yes, drops were bad and Wan'Dale can't see to figure out how to sit at the effing sticks. Another reason is the run game was non-existent. The offense runs better in 3rd and short or 3rd and medium. We were in a lot of 3rd and long. 

We don't create negative plays on defense consistently and we don't put opposing defenses in conflict consistently. 

The elephant in the room is the DJ is never going to specifically win us games. If we are going to win this season, it's going to be not asking him to do too much, keeping ahead of the chains and starting to play more opportunistic on defense. I don't think we have the horses to do either of those things.

That being said, I have us beating the seahawks next week.