Tank4Drake's MVP Watch Thread

Tank4Drake

Honestly how are Mahomes odds so low? He hasn't been a top 10 QB this season lol. 

At the moment:

1. Lamar 

2. Allen

But if Allen ends up with the below I don't see how the voters won't give it to him. Especially since Lamar already has 2 MVPs and Josh has 0:

• #2 seed or better
  • AFC East champs with a roster that everyone said was rebuilding
  • 40+ touchdowns, 10 turnovers

Just now, The BILLievers said:

Honestly how are Mahomes odds so low? He hasn't been a top 10 QB this season lol. 

At the moment:

1. Lamar 

2. Allen

But if Allen ends up with the below I don't see how the voters won't give it to him. Especially since Lamar already has 2 MVPs and Josh has 0:

• #2 seed or better
  • AFC East champs with a roster that everyone said was rebuilding
  • 40+ touchdowns, 10 turnovers

Vegas is expecting Chiefs to be the #1 seed and Mahomes to go on a tear the final six-seven games I guess.

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

Has to be Josh Allen. The only reason he hasn’t won before was turnovers! And he has 0 through 7 games now!!!!

Agreed, Allen is my #1. Lamar is second. Jayden third. Goff 4th. Henry 5th. Love/Darnold looking in. 

Burrow would be my #1 if he had a winning record. 

People sleeping on Allen cause he lost to Lamar H2H. That doesn’t really matter. 

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm struggling to think what Mahomes would have to do to even be a top-3 candidate by the end of the season.

It wouldn't even be what would Mahomes have to do, it would really be how bad would Lamar have to play and Josh Allen and Daniels and like every other QB.

By week 17, people barely remember what happened in the first half of the season. Well, the media/voters, in any case.  If Mahomes wound up like 16-1 and shifts his TD/INT ratio (the rest of his stats are fine, honestly), while the other major players end up like 13-4 or 12-5 or something, the record would carry a heavy amount of weight. Timing of the losses by the other guys would matter a lot, too. Like if Lamar lost to like, the Steelers and Texans, in weeks 16 and 17, none of what's happened the first 7 weeks will matter at all.

Not saying I agree with it or it's fair, but it's how the award has gone narratively for years now.

• Like 2