Which NFC Team has the best chance of beating the Patriots ?

Blackstar12

We are a very strange team, and a hard one to predict. 

You look at our lack of talent on the defense, and how easily they were blown apart earlier in the year - then you look at our points ranking and the fact we didn't give up anything over 15 points in a game several times. Coupled with our haemorrhaging of yards and you end up scratching your head. I think our secondary is very good (contrary to popular belief), but the front 7 are pretty bad and held on with duct tape. We get the occasional important play, however, that ends drives. 

On offense, we are held together by duct tape, but are still very hard to stop consistently. I guess having Brady helps, and our constant challenging of defenses; using motion, creating missmatches etc. It would take a very smart coordinator to shut the offense down. I tried to study our offense throughout the season to detect patterns etc - couldn't do it. I just know there's A LOT of motion, many formations, many changing of formations etc. It's just complex.

As for special teams - possibly our best ever. Our opponents have the worst starting position in the league. Our coverage on ST is elite. We have had blocked punts for TDs, blocked FGs, 4th down trick plays, safety on ST etc

So, I don't know. If you watch us you're probably thinking "this team isn't anywhere near as good as the 07, 10, 11, 15 etc teams", but you still have to have a near perfect day to beat them. 

Any of those can beat us if they have a near perfect day, like Pittsburgh did. So my answer is the following;

MIN, LAR, NO, PHI, CAR, ATL. lol.

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

The thing I worry about with the Vikings is that everyone on the team needs to do their job to keep the engine running.  We are a very well-coached team, so that has been happening all season.  The thing is, in the playoffs, every team will be tested.  One could say that plays into our hands, but where I think it is a liability is that we don't really have any marquis players on offense that we can look to for putting the team on his shoulders and winning games all by himself.  I think Teddy Bridgewater might have been able to do that, but I don't think Case can.  For our sake, we have to hope that the defense plays in their usual beastly manner and that the offense just needs to be good, and not necessarily great.

Vikings defense should be in position to shut down the opposition marquis player(s).

Archived