Which NFC Team has the best chance of beating the Patriots ?

Blackstar12

All of them. The Patriots haven't looked above and beyond anyone overall this year. They've had several close games this year when touchdowns were taken away away from opposing teams. Not like they've been outright dominating.

1. Saints

2. Panthers

3. Rams

Not necessarily how I rank the teams, but Panthers/Saints have good defenses and experienced QBs. 

I like the Rams a lot, but the lack of experience concerns me.  I’ve seen Rams fans criticize McVay for clock management. Something like that would kill them against the Patriots. 

Eagles and Vikings have the defense and running game to stay in it, but I don’t trust either of their offenses.

Pretty much any team in the playoffs could beat New England. Better Pats teams have lost to mediocre playoff teams and worse Pats teams have won playoff games. You never know what could happen.

Given that their biggest weakness is their LB group's sideline to sideline and coverage ability, I'd say that the Saints and Rams are the toughest on paper matchups. It's easy to see ways they'd be one-and-done in the AFC playoffs though so it's not worth worrying about until things start to unfold 

49 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

They're not that experienced. They're good but I don't see them making it all the way to the SB. 

I've never really bought into experience being a big deal. 1999 Rams weren't experienced at all. Or the 1981 49ers. Didn't matter. Plenty of experienced teams bite the dust when they get to the playoffs. 

Patriots struggle with scrambling QB's. Newton scares me the most. His team always seems to get the big break when they need it against us. 

Otherwise mcmurty is right. In the 7 Super Bowls since Brady got there I'd have very easily said the teams that beat us were the one's I would favor the least against the Patriots. 

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I've never really bought into experience being a big deal. 1999 Rams weren't experienced at all. Or the 1981 49ers. Didn't matter. Plenty of experienced teams bite the dust when they get to the playoffs. 

Yes, they bite the dust... to other experienced playoff teams. You had to go back 36 years to find your second inexperienced team (your first is almost 20 years ago). That’s not convincing anyone.

Archived