PLAYOFSSSSSSSSS: #3 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS @ #6 BUFFALO BILLS: SUNDAY 1 PM EST

.Buzz

1 minute ago, marshawn lynch said:

But this just proves my point of how inconsistent we have been. Just depends on what run defense shows up.

Seems like you were elite with Dareus, went to garbage without him until you changed things and now are still bottom tier without him.

Based on my math, during the last 6 game stretch, you guys allowed ~4.5 YPC. Even at 4.4, it still would have been 27th in football if that’s what you guys did all year. Seems you were only quantifiably *good* when Dareus was on the field. And while he’s going to be on the field, it’ll be for the opposing team.

You had a good game against the Chiefs, but a lot of teams had good games against them during that streak where they went 1-6. I don’t want to take anything away from that performance, but I wouldn’t point to that one game as proof that you’re inconsistent. 

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

Seems like you were elite with Dareus, went to garbage without him until you changed things and now are still bottom tier without him.

Based on my math, during the last 6 game stretch, you guys allowed ~4.5 YPC. Even at 4.4, it still would have been 27th in football if that’s what you guys did all year. Seems you were only quantifiably *good* when Dareus was on the field. And while he’s going to be on the field, it’ll be for the opposing team.

You had a good game against the Chiefs, but a lot of teams had good games against them during that streak where they went 1-6. I don’t want to take anything away from that performance, but I wouldn’t point to that one game as proof that you’re inconsistent. 

Well it wasn't consistent. The Patriots numbers make the end look bad but anytime you are playing against Tom Brady we are gonna let them run on us. It's more indictive that we stop him and take our chances with Dion Lewis, and Rex Burkhead. We shut down the Chiefs and the Colts run game. Dolphins had some success but when we were ahead by double digits in both games we gladly let them run and kill the clock on themselves...

11 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Either way still a really good number. Anything under 4.0 is excellent.

It is. But it also looks like that’s heavily propped up by the Dareus games, where you allowed 3.5. Do you think those are indicative of the team you can show up as on Sunday?

In the first 7 games (With Dareus):

• 161 rushes, 561 yards, 3.48 YPC

3 game skid:

• 124 carries, 648 yards, 5.14 YPC

Final 6:

• 181 carries, 785 yards, 4.34 YPC

My estimation was off by quite a bit. But still, that 6 game stretch would have kept you at 25th overall. Which, strangely enough, is where you guys finished for the year.

I don’t know, it seems like teams have found a way to consistently run on you post-Dareus. There’s ups and downs, as there are with every team, but nothing that invalidates the underlying premise of the article.

43 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Hope both teams get through Sundays game without injuries as well. 

For sure. And if you guys do beat us, I’m definitely rooting for you to go a whole lot further than just the trip up to Foxboro.

11 minutes ago, iPwn said:

It is. But it also looks like that’s heavily propped up by the Dareus games, where you allowed 3.5. Do you think those are indicative of the team you can show up as on Sunday?

In the first 7 games (With Dareus):

• 161 rushes, 561 yards, 3.48 YPC

3 game skid:

• 124 carries, 648 yards, 5.14 YPC

Final 6:

• 181 carries, 785 yards, 4.34 YPC

My estimation was off by quite a bit. But still, that 6 game stretch would have kept you at 25th overall. Which, strangely enough, is where you guys finished for the year.

I don’t know, it seems like teams have found a way to consistently run on you post-Dareus. There’s ups and downs, as there are with every team, but nothing that invalidates the underlying premise of the article.

The thing is yes we had Dareus... And I think it was a mistake for him to trade him for that. But actually he rarely played. I forgot what it was but he only played like 20% of defenses snaps. I'm sure trading him didn't help but I don't think he was the sole reason for the change. Our OLBs I think was the more important issue. Lorenzo Alexander was terrible during the stretch... Team stopped trying to attack our rookie corner Tre White cause they realized he was good and started to attack Alexander who was playing out of position. In addition to that we started Humber at OLBand he was pretty awesome to start the season then he got hurt and Milano took over and he played well... Then during the Jets game Humber was placed back into lineup coming back from injury. He sucked... He wasnt anything like he was before the injury. Eventually the week of the Chiefs and then McDermott have job back to Milano and it steadied the ship a bit. Going from 3.5 to 5.1 to 4.3 is very inconsistent. It covers excellent to horrendous and everything in between. And there are a number of contributions to that inconsistent... Dareus was one piece of that puzzle but he wasn't all of it.

I'm not saying that inconsistent is a good thing but the statement of consistently having a bad run defense is wrong. Which is why I said it was poorly written. If he wrote that after trading Dareus the run defense took a slide... That is one thing but those weren't his words.

Archived