You Can Keep Only One!

fretgod99

Highlander_film_Connor_MacLeod.jpg

Alright, you're tasked with overhauling the Panthers team - complete rebuild save one player on offense and one on defense. Who do you keep and why? What type of systems do you want in place?

Who are you building your team around?

Cam Newton is too easy of an answer. Olsen, Stewy, Kalil are too old. I'm thinking McCaffrey, make him a Brian Westbrook type of player. Old school WCO with loads of short, quick passing routes. High caliber QB shouldn't be a huge necessity, so hopefully it'd be a bit easier to build.

mccaffrey_christian_action.jpg

Kuechly is my first instinct for defense, but injury concerns are a thing. I'm going with KK Short. Build a terrorizing duo in the middle of the line if I could, move out and back from there.

short_kawann_action.jpg

Cam might be too easy of an answer, but I like easy answers. So I'll take Killa Cam as my offensive player.

For defense its tricky. Kuechly and Short are the two big ones, they're both incredible players (probably the two best on the whole team). I'll go with Kuechly. The concussions are definitely a concern, but coming back from them he's still been great, so hopefully he'll be able to avoid injury in the future. What it comes down to for me is that Kuechly was a great player when the rest of the D was terrible, and we've only seen Short in situations where the front seven was already thriving. It's a close call, but I'll take Luke, just based on having proven himself a little bit more in that respect.

This question could be really interesting in 3-4 years. Hopefully McCaffrey will show up and perform to the point that you might consider him over Cam. And on defense some of the young guys in the secondary (mainly thinking Bradberry here) could shine to the point that they out-value the front seven studs.

2 hours ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

This question could be really interesting in 3-4 years. Hopefully McCaffrey will show up and perform to the point that you might consider him over Cam. And on defense some of the young guys in the secondary (mainly thinking Bradberry here) could shine to the point that they out-value the front seven studs.

Agreed. It'll be interesting to see where things wind up a couple years down the road. Could completely change how things shake out. Who knows, maybe Shaq turns it on and truly fills out his role, replacing Davis when he eventually retires. TD retiring is going to be a sad day. Love that guy.

Archived