Roster pilfering of other teams in Training Camp

NudeTayne

One of the best times of year to get trade value is during roster cuts.  This enables another team to tell itself that it got value while also trimming the roster.  This is the time that a team trading draft picks may get, say, a 2nd round player for a 4th round pick if the team with the player has some young players who have shown promise at that position.  While the Browns don't have many tough choices in training camp--that's what happens when a roster has been threadbare for so long--other than defensive line and potentially football thrower, there are many teams with great depth who are going to have to make some hard cuts.  

Which teams & positions do we wait to see who is cut, and which players do we think are worth attempting to pry away for a pick?  Make your pick offer as well; that should be fun.  

I'll start things off.  I see the Titans with a bit of a log jam at wide receiver.  Rishard Matthews, Corey Davis, Eric Decker, Tajae Sharpe and Taywon Taylor all seem likely to make the team--could carry five wide receivers.  If anyone else makes a strong push--Harry Douglas? Tre McBride?--we may be able to ****** Taywon off the PS or maybe even Rishard Matthews in a trade...?

Bengals & Jeremy Hill.  Some love him, some think he's trash.  Is he worth bringing in with the 50/50 shot he's cut?

As far as our d-line, I see Garrett/Ogbah/Nassib being for sure at DE and Shelton/Brantley/Ogunjobi being for sure at DT.  Then we have several good players left for two or maybe three positions total: Meder/Cooper/Bryant/Orchard/T. Holmes <--is any of this list tradeable to another team for another roster bubble player, maybe a WR or secondary player?

Any players you're keeping an eye out for from a PS that you'd like to steal?  

Archived