Alabam DL Coach Karl Dunbar Hired To Be Steelers DL Coach

Armsteeld2

4 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Great analogy/breakdown. But doesn't 'Bama use a 2 Gap NT? Maybe I just assumed they did. I still see the need for a NT but that need can be addressed later in the draft as it would be a situational type need. Also, no matter the scheme, ILBs are a HUGE need with this Defense. I have zero faith in VW and whomever else is currently on the roster as the STARTERS. I'd be ok with Timmons coming back but not ecstatic and that still leaves a hole. Watt seems like he'd thrive in your described role but Dupree's effectiveness is "to be continued".  Again, great breakdown. If the Defense is headed in the direction as you describe, that's exciting. I do have some concerns over employing a 2-4-5 but maybe that has more to do with how it was ran last season. >:(

They use a situational 2-gap NT.  I  would put they tend to use 2 traditional UT's and get one of them to 2 gap most downs.  The interesting thing I saw with them is they tend to bring in the NT, take off an OLB, and play the DE as a traditional.

3 hours ago, Armsteeld2 said:

Bama had situational players like Joshua Frazier play once they faced power running teams like LSU.  As stated, their defensive front was very flexible. I’m also hoping Dunbar is able to get one of those Alabama defenders drafted by the Steelers.

Evans is the #1 guy on my Radar.  I think he's the best defensive fit in the draft for our roster.  He isn't a DL but I think he'll make the biggest immediate impact.

5 hours ago, Armsteeld2 said:

Bama had situational players like Joshua Frazier play once they faced power running teams like LSU.  As stated, their defensive front was very flexible. I’m also hoping Dunbar is able to get one of those Alabama defenders drafted by the Steelers.

The luxury of 70 scholarship players and 100 players overall lol.

Archived