Dallas WR's ranked 18th in seperation upon release. Dak has highest QB rating in NFL throwing in tight windows.

DaBoys

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:37 PM, Northland said:

If Dak is #1 throwing into tight windows what could he do with a wr who could consistently get separation?  Jarvis Landry would break the bank but I think he would be a huge win for the team and Dak.  Regardless we need an infusion of talent at the wr position.

As I have said ALL season long. I don't need stats to see this. 

WEAPONS WEAPONS WEAPONS

The whole "we don't have the weapons" thing is such non-sense. The claim, to be true, means that ALL of our receivers regressed TREMENDOUSLY over just one-year, and only one (Witten) is at the age where such regression is expected, and his stats are almost identical from 16 to 17. Or for that claim to be true, we didn't have weapons in 2016, and the whole "Romo" friendly stuff never actually provided him with weapons. Maybe, every one of our receivers started doing meth in the off-season :S...

In 2016 everyone (around the NFL) was all "wow, Beasley gets so much separation. . . " to this year "no one can separate"... 

All I am saying is that Gurley was still Gurley in 2016 even though he appeared to regress. . . Sometimes, there are much more nuanced explanations to this incredibly complex game of "physical chess". 

Like, when did these tight window throws occur? Is it possible, by happenstance, that many of those tight window throws were made when Dak was in a "Dak-Friendly" position, or on a "Dak friendly" route? I mean, there has to be a more holistic approach to the analysis. 

With all of that said, the more info the better, and this is certainly valuable info, so thanks for presenting it. 

Archived