Another Mock

JaredB7

Again, I used FanSpeak to do a simulated offseason. All the guys I signed are young enough to be big time contributors for a long while. If this is the way this offseason went for the Jets, we should be stoked for the future of this franchise. (All draft pick trades were based on the 2018 Draft Pick Value Chart).

Cuts:

Rashard Robinson - Complete waste of a traded draft pick. The guy barely played any defensive snaps because he stinks. Easy cut.

Jeremy Kerley - See ya.

Mo Wilkerson - Don't let the door hit you on the way out big fella. 

Ben Ijalana - Nice player, too expensive to sit on the bench. 

Matt Forte - Nice career, time to go. 

Devin Smith - What's the point in keeping him around?

Bryce Petty - He honestly just isn't very good, which is a shame because I REALLY loved him coming out of school.

James Carpenter - Really good player, just no longer a fit, especially for the zone-blocking scheme we're about to deploy. 

Jermaine Kearse - Nice player, but just can't afford the cap hit. We release him after we sign Allen Robinson so he still can go out and find another job.

Darryl Roberts - Just a numbers game. Post June 1 cut.

Re-Signings:

Demario Davis

Mo Claiborne

Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Dakota Dozier

Xavier Cooper

Chandler Cantazaro

Rontez Miles

Terrence Brooks

Jonnathon Harrison

Quincy Enunwa

Restructures:

Buster Skrine - Had a good season, but way too expensive. Restructured his salary so we could keep him around a bit longer.

Brian Winters - Nice player when healthy, but he hasn't played a full season in two straight years. 

We're at about $91 million in cap space when all of the above is factored in. 

Free Agency:

QB Kirk Cousins - Finally, FINALLY a franchise QB for the Jets. It's only been 50 years. Adding Cousins allows us to build through the draft more quickly because we've got our QB position solidified for the next 7 years. 

WR Allen Robinson - Finally a true #1 WR. He's a big, reliable, young target for Cousins to throw to for the foreseeable future.

CB Malcolm Butler - Second best CB on the market. He's still young, a great playmaker and obviously a stud. No brainer. Also helps to steal him from the Pats. Declined to sign Trumaine Johnson after signing Cousins and Robinson to save a bit of money. Pair him with Mo Claiborne and all of a sudden we've got a pretty scary secondary.

G Andrew Norwell - This kid is only 26 and is a damn stud. He's our LG for the next 7+ years. 

EDGE Alex Okafor - In this simulation, Lawrence and Ansah both get franchised by Dallas and Detroit, respectively. Okafor is still a pretty solid get for us. Not a stud, but he's still good. We'll draft an Edge guy to push him a bit. 

DL Star Lotulelei - Good signing to help round out our DL with Mo and Sheldon no longer around. And he's still young-ish. Not a ton of guaranteed money in this signing so we can cut him in a few years if he starts to decline quick. Back to having a scary DL. 

After all these signings, re-signings and restructurings we're left with $33 million or so in cap space. So not only are we set for the future, we also are not cap strapped. 

Draft:

TRADE: We obviously don't have a need for a QB at #6 and the Cardinals want Josh Allen badly. They make a move with us sending us their 1st (P15), 2nd (P15) and two thirds (P15 & 33) for our 1st (P6).

R1, P15 - Derrius Guice RB LSU - THE JUICE IS LOOSE IN NYC! As far as who was still on the board at this time, the remaining players rated ahead of Guice were players in positions we have young studs and many of the players directly behind him would have qualified as over drafting. Guice is not only a value pick, he's a stud RB. Many folks rate him just behind Barkley. 

TRADE: At the top of round 2, we see that Billy Price is at the top of our board, yet we might be too far away to land him so we make a deal with Cleveland and move up. We get their 2nd rounder (P1) for our 2nd rounder (P5), 3rd from Arizona (P15) and 5th (P20 - originally from Dallas).

R2, P1 - Billy Price C Ohio State - We just found our next Nick Mangold. This guy is so good, he'll be the anchor of our line for the next 10+ years. 

R2, P15 - Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma - Strictly a value based pick. This guy is a very good all around TE, needs a little refinement on a few points in his game but that'll come with game experience. Paired with ASJ, we've got a pretty nasty offense now.

TRADE: This time Cleveland picks up the phone wanting to move up for a player they covet. They give us the 3rd from Arizona back (P15), a 4th (P23), our 5th back (P20) and an extra 5th (P22) for our 2nd round pick from Seattle.

R3, P8 - Dashawn Hand DL Alabama - Another value pick and just a really good disrupter. We're building up the line depth we lost by trading Sheldon and cutting Mo. 

R3, P15 - Tyquan Lewis EDGE Ohio State - We've got an edge guy to push Okafor (and eventually replace Okafor). I like this guy, I think he's just a good football player and with Kevin Greene's coaching, he could become a stud.

R3, P33 - Anthony Averett CB Alabama - This guy can be as solid contributor, especially after playing in Saban's defense over the years. We're building a young CB factory. 

R4, P7 - Marcell Ateman WR Oklahoma State - This guy can be really good. He's huge (6'4) and he's fast (4.45ish 40 from what I've heard and read). He'll be a nice red zone option and, with Big Play Bob likely to get suspended, could be a good deep threat too.

R4, P23 - Josh Sweat EDGE Florida State - Another edge rusher (we can never get it right anyway so the more the merrier). Another guy that could be a stud with the coaching of Kevin Greene. 

R5, P20 - Kevin Toliver II CB LSU - DB U, a great value pick here. Again, creating a CB factory. 

R5, P22 - Jack Cichy LB Wisconsin - He's just a high quality guy and a high quality football player. injuries have taken a toll on him, which is why we are able to pick him here. Could be a fantastic backup MIKE linebacker if we can develop him right and get him healthy. 

R6, P5 - Brandon Parker OT North Carolina A&T - Best available OT left. Could be a solid developmental guy/backup caliber lineman. 

R7, P17 - Van Smith S Clemson - Could be a good backup S if Brooks/Middleton/Miles get cut in training camp for lack of production. Could also be a good special teams guy. God knows we need all the help we can get on those units. 

Depth Chart:

QB: Cousins, Hackenberg

RB: Guice, Powell, McGuire

FB: Lawrence Thomas

WR1: Robinson, Anderson, Enunwa

WR2: Anderson, Enunwa, Ateman, Hansen, Stewart

SLOT WR: Enunwa, Hansen, Stewart

TE: ASJ, Andrews, Tomlinson, Leggett

LT: Beachum

LG: Norwell, Dozier

C: Price, Harrison

RG: Winters, Dozier

RT: Shell, Qvale, Parker (he'll end up on the practice squad)

DE: Williams, Cooper

NT: McLendon, Simon

DT: Lotulelei, Hand

SAM: Jenkins, Martin

MIKE: Davis, Cichy

WILL: Lee, Cichy

RUSH: Okafor, Donahue, Lewis, Sweat 

CB: Butler, Claiborne, Skrine, Burris, Averett, Toliver II, Jones, Clark (he'll end up on the practice squad)

FS: Maye, Smith

SS: Adams, Miles

P: Edwards

K: Cantazaro

RS: Guice

22 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Your cap numbers are off bud

Adding to this, Kerley is already gone and restructuring Winters and Skrine makes no sense at this point.  You don't want to give them more guaranteed money in the form of a bonus.

My cap numbers are not off. 

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

About every mid round guy drafted to us is supposed to go a round or 2 before you have them getting drafted. Making it completely unrealistic. And we can’t do a new thread every Fanspeak unrealistic draft man.

It's not an unrealistic draft at all. I used updated big boards and team needs. That's the way it played out in the simulation. Obviously your thinking on when these players will go is off. And I can do a new thread whenever I want... No one said you had to comment

9 minutes ago, JaredB7 said:

It's not an unrealistic draft at all. I used updated big boards and team needs. That's the way it played out in the simulation. Obviously your thinking on when these players will go is off. And I can do a new thread whenever I want... No one said you had to comment

Every one of your 3rd and 4th Rounders are projected to go before you have them drafted. Yes it’s all projections, but it’s good to keep things as realistic as possible. And fact is Fanspeak is not a reliable mock site really. It’s very unrealistic actually. And as moderator I do have the ability to delete treads if I think they are rather pointless. I’m not going to delete this... but another guy on here was posting a Fanspeak mock every few days as new threads, which spams the board.

14 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Every one of your 3rd and 4th Rounders are projected to go before you have them drafted. Yes it’s all projections, but it’s good to keep things as realistic as possible. And fact is Fanspeak is not a reliable mock site really. It’s very unrealistic actually. And as moderator I do have the ability to delete treads if I think they are rather pointless. I’m not going to delete this... but another guy on here was posting a Fanspeak mock every few days as new threads, which spams the board.

yZoaj.gif?c=popkey-web&p=popkey&i=monday

Archived