Trent Murphy Likely Gone

MKnight82

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ok, but we're going to be stuck in the position next year where we have to give an inconsistent starter an expensive long term contract or let him walk for nothing.  

Well if he you are calling him an inconsistent starter, you shouldn't be upset that he walks for nothing... 

I for one feel that Preston Smith either lights it up this year or he is playing for someone else the year after as well, but I am all in for him being here this year.

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Well if he you are calling him an inconsistent starter, you shouldn't be upset that he walks for nothing... 

I for one feel that Preston Smith either lights it up this year or he is playing for someone else the year after as well, but I am all in for him being here this year.

I'd be upset because we could trade him this year.

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

For what? A conditional 6th? 

If thats the case, I would rather let him go to FA and try to get a comp pick from him.

If you think Preston Smith is worth a conditional 6th why do you want him starting for us?

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If you think Preston Smith is worth a conditional 6th why do you want him starting for us?

Because value to us is ALWAYS going to be more than others want to pay. 

I personally feel he is worth more, but how others perceive him is their prerogative. 

If I was shopping Preston Smith, I would want at least a 2nd in return. If I don’t get it, he doesn’t get traded.

That is the difference between our team value and possible “market value.” He is worth more to us on our roster than what he will net in return IMO.

Its the same reason that the Eagles reportedly are starting discussions for Nick Foles suitors at a 1st round pick. They value him more than others might.

Archived