Sign in to follow this  
jrry32

Jrry32 Second to Last Mock Draft

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Sooooo right where he actually went? A Top 75 guy, who was picked at #69... in the 3rd round? 

That's my point. I could have risked it. But I would have taken him 2nd round because I felt he was worth the pick. The Rams gambled and won. But if you remember a few years ago, the Rams traded down one too many times, gambled and lost Bobby Wagner. We settled for Pead. I don't like gambling. I take the guys I want where I can get them.

And that top 75 guy ended up being more like a top 40 guy.

Edited by jrry32

Are you assuming Nyheim Hines is gone by pick 36 in the 4th? He is what we wanted out of Lance Dunbar, which will excel in a Chris Thompson kind of role. That's a no brainer.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

Are you assuming Nyheim Hines is gone by pick 36 in the 4th? He is what we wanted out of Lance Dunbar, which will excel in a Chris Thompson kind of role. That's a no brainer.

I like Kelly. If I wanted purely a Chris Thompson type player, I'd just wait a couple rounds and draft Lindsay.

Edited by jrry32

35 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That's my point. I could have risked it. But I would have taken him 2nd round because I felt he was worth the pick. The Rams gambled and won. But if you remember a few years ago, the Rams traded down one too many times, gambled and lost Bobby Wagner. We settled for Pead. I don't like gambling. I take the guys I want where I can get them.

And that top 75 guy ended up being more like a top 40 guy.

That still hurts me in my core.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Flatlyner said:

That still hurts me in my core.

Just like picking Brian Quick before Alshon Jeffery in 2012. That pick still makes me sad to this day.

I'd be very content with this draft.

Edited by Car_Ramrod