Survivor: WINNER ANNOUNCED ON PAGE 458

MacReady

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

Nice. What's the current workplace beef?

4 of my leaders are brand new to management, 3 of which to their department and my meat team leader has been gone for 8 weeks and is gone for another 5 still. Just got through without having a grocery team leader for 3 months, produce for 2 months and deli for 1.

4 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

4 of my leaders are brand new to management, 3 of which to their department and my meat team leader has been gone for 8 weeks and is gone for another 5 still. Just got through without having a grocery team leader for 3 months, produce for 2 months and deli for 1.

So things are looking up?

3 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Admittedly some of it is brought on by me because I got rid of my grocery team leader and bakery team leader because they didn’t agree with my philosophy and werent willing to compromise. My old produce team leader had been in management for nearly 15 years and wanted to work closer to his home, they had previously stopped him for transferring for the last 5 years or so before I took over. I let him transfer. 

Just now, theuntouchable said:

Admittedly some of it is brought on by me because I got rid of my grocery team leader and bakery team leader because they didn’t agree with my philosophy and werent willing to compromise. My old produce team leader had been in management for nearly 15 years and wanted to work closer to his home, they had previously stopped him for transferring for the last 5 years or so before I took over. I let him transfer. 

Eh, sometimes you gotta take a step back to take two steps forward

2 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

So things are looking up?

It’s getting there. I’ve had a LOT of long hard days and to top it off I’ve had to learn about produce meat deli and bakery departments myself. We use to have a fresh Lines Leader and foods line leader but they got rid of the fresh Lines position in April. I was the foods line but I was only responsible for grocery, dairy, frozen and receiving. When they got rid of the fresh Lines, I got all of it. 

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

Yea, might have been some long nights but it's probably saving you a lot of aggravation. Angeling for a GM spot?

Part of me wants to because it’d be a hell of a lot less stress but I want to continue moving up in my career. It’s hard to be in the spot light on the GM side. If I move laterally it’ll be to service as that’s the next area I need to learn to move up to store director.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

Part of me wants to because it’d be a hell of a lot less stress but I want to continue moving up in my career. It’s hard to be in the spot light on the GM side. If I move laterally it’ll be to service as that’s the next area I need to learn to move up to store director.

What's the difference between a GM and a store director?