5 Fantasy Football Questions: Please Help

JaguarCrazy2832

Hello Saints Fans!

I am going forum to forum to ask 3 questions and also looking for any information/insight you have to offer about your beloved team and will have each thread linked in the fantasy football forum as a way for everyone to help everyone(ET already cleared me doing this)

1. Alvin Kamara exploded last year for an incredible rookie year that has to have you all very excited but the biggest knock on him(from a fantasy perspective) is volume. He isn't a small RB at 5'10 215lbs but he did only get 200 touches last year. He was almost unsustainably efficient and with the suspension of Ingram, I suspect he gets some more work. Is his role pretty much the same this year? About 10 carries and 5 catches a game or do you think he gets closer to 15 carries a game?

2. From a numbers perspective, Drew Brees had a down year as this was his first season since 2007 where he had under 32 TDs and he was way down with just 23. Do you guys expect more of the same especially since a guy like Ingram is so lethal around the GL?

3. Michael Thomas put together another great year and another year of 90+ catches and 1200 yards is definitely attainable but his TD numbers are why he isn't considered in that 1st tier for fantasy WRs. Given his size at 6'3'' I would assume he'd be somewhat involved. Was his lack of TD numbers by design again given how effective Ingram was there?

4. Since you guys have a ton of options i need another question haha. Mark Ingram and Cameron Meredith are 2 guys that i think people are undervaluing because of suspension/injury. Brees' #2 WR is still valuable and Meredith looked good in limited time in Chicago and I suspect Ingram to get a full workload when he comes back given how effective he was last year. What kind of numbers do you expect for both?

5. Who are the over/underrated fantasy players you would like to call out and what do you expect of them statistically?

11 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Alvin Kamara exploded last year for an incredible rookie year that has to have you all very excited but the biggest knock on him(from a fantasy perspective) is volume. He isn't a small RB at 5'10 215lbs but he did only get 200 touches last year. He was almost unsustainably efficient and with the suspension of Ingram, I suspect he gets some more work. Is his role pretty much the same this year? About 10 carries and 5 catches a game or do you think he gets closer to 15 carries a game?

I think he'll get more carries, significantly more while Ingram is gone. If he handles it well, he might make Ingram the handcuff rather than being that himself.

From a numbers perspective, Drew Brees had a down year as this was his first season since 2007 where he had under 32 TDs and he was way down with just 23. Do you guys expect more of the same especially since a guy like Ingram is so lethal around the GL?

Last year Brees was an excellent game manager, I expect that trend to continue.

Michael Thomas put together another great year and another year of 90+ catches and 1200 yards is definitely attainable but his TD numbers are why he isn't considered in that 1st tier for fantasy WRs. Given his size at 6'3'' I would assume he'd be somewhat involved. Was his lack of TD numbers by design again given how effective Ingram was there?

I believe it simply had to do with how efficient our RBs were playing. They both had a nose for the endzone so I think Payton Brees and Co just ran with it (no pun intended). If we're moving the ball that well on the ground again this year I expect Thomas to be used about the same.

Since you guys have a ton of options i need another question haha. Mark Ingram and Cameron Meredith are 2 guys that i think people are undervaluing because of suspension/injury. Brees' #2 WR is still valuable and Meredith looked good in limited time in Chicago and I suspect Ingram to get a full workload when he comes back given how effective he was last year. What kind of numbers do you expect for both?

Ingram - 825 yards, 7 TDs  -  290 yards rec, 1 TD

Meridith is tough, he looks fully healed from his injury though, reports are good. I'd say 750-1000 and 3-6 TDs yards would be possible.

Who are the over/underrated fantasy players you would like to call out and what do you expect of them statistically?

Boston Scott or Shane Vereen could get some work when Ingram is out. Maybe Terrance West, but I'd expect more from Vereen to fill that Travaris Cadet role, or Scott because he's so damn elusive.

Ben Watson will probably be underdrafted.

Archived