Falcons extend starting FS Rico Allen

FalconFan13

Falcons agreed to a 3-year extension worth $19.5 million for Ricardo Allen, per source Adam Schefter

It brings the total with this season also to  4 yrs 22 million dollars  about 5.5 mil a season.  It puts him around the 15th highest paid FS in the league over the next 4 years.

Allen earned 81.7 and 81.4 overall grades the last 2 years respectively, as the Falcons’ primary free safety alongside Keanu Neal. While small in stature (5-foot-9, 185 pounds), Allen excelled in coverage, leading all qualifying NFL safeties in coverage snaps played per reception allowed (71.0), yards allowed per coverage snap (0.18) and coverage snaps played per target (39.4).

11 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Falcons agreed to a 3-year extension worth $19.5 million for Ricardo Allen, per source Adam Schefter

It brings the total with this season also to  4 yrs 22 million dollars  about 5.5 mil a season.  It puts him around the 15th highest paid FS in the league over the next 4 years.

Allen earned 81.7 and 81.4 overall grades the last 2 years respectively, as the Falcons’ primary free safety alongside Keanu Neal. While small in stature (5-foot-9, 185 pounds), Allen excelled in coverage, leading all qualifying NFL safeties in coverage snaps played per reception allowed (71.0), yards allowed per coverage snap (0.18) and coverage snaps played per target (39.4).

why are you adding old money to the new contract, im guessing to try and bring down the aav so it looks better to you?

Anyway, good deal for a underrated player. Without the unneeded fluff about him being undersized, hes super solid and wont be an ed reed type where hes forcing tons of turnovers, he a good, sound player.

22 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

why are you adding old money to the new contract, im guessing to try and bring down the aav so it looks better to you?

Anyway, good deal for a underrated player. Without the unneeded fluff about him being undersized, hes super solid and wont be an ed reed type where hes forcing tons of turnovers, he a good, sound player.

I was just putting what he is making the next 4 years that we will have him.   I was fine with him making 7 to 8 a year on the new contract if thats what they thought he deserved so this is a good deal to me. I always do this on contracts i add everything they will be making total starting from when the new contract is signed til it ends so i know how much it's gonna be incase im looking at cap stuff.   The unneeded fluff was from PFF not from me i just put it up there to give people an idea of how well he has played over the last 2 years that might not know him like Falcon fans do. 

19 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Is this the best move with other players like Deion Jones, Vic Beasley, Grady Jarrett, Julio Jones, and DeVondre Campbell getting extensions in the next couple seasons?

Im guessing if we lose 1 or 2 of them it will be Campbell and maybe Beasley depending on how he performs this year.   Although during Dimitroffs interviews lately it seems like he has a good idea/plan on how to keep pretty much all of them but we'll see.  Best thing we can do is keep drafting great to replace pieces that might be getting older for cheaper to keep some of these young guys.   Guys like Alex Mack that make big money prob. won't be around here forever and you can use that somewhere on those guys if he retires or leaves in a few years.

Archived