Preseason Week 2: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Minnesota Vikings

Adrenaline_Flux

On 20/08/2018 at 6:19 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Anyone remotely worried that Bortles looked rough?

It's not great.  Some absolutely brutal moments that go beyond just, "facing a good defense" and "missing some key starters".  Just completely failing to read the defense and throwing bullseyes directly at opposing players.

But i'm not particularly any more or less worried than i was in the first place.  It's all but a guarantee that Bortles is going to have ups and downs, with some moments of brilliance and some absolute clunker games.  That's just what he is.  It's always going to be a question of when the good/bad games fall, and that makes for a pretty precarious situation.  One stinker of a game at the wrong time and they're headed into an early offseason.  It sucks and isn't altogether confidence inspiring, but there hasn't been a clear and viable top shelf alternative...so it is what it is.  Just have to go in expecting that he's going to have weeks in the real season like this where he looks like trash and puts the rest of the team in a seriously tough spot trying to bail him out.

On 18/08/2018 at 1:20 PM, VLoo said:

I have way more confidence in Kessler than I ever did in Henne

Disagree.

Kessler has looked like a phenomenal clipboard holder with solid command of the offense, but nothing he's done here has given me any confidence in his ability to step in and win real games if he has to.  Once upon a time, Henne was actually a pretty higher-end backup.  Unfortunately, pressed into being our (crappy) starter...but he had his moments.  Don't see Kessler having any moments.  This dink 'n dunk thing he's effectively limited to...real season team starters are gonna sit on that stuff and eat his lunch all day, and he just doesn't seem to have the arm talent to break out of that vs real players.

On 18/08/2018 at 1:34 PM, VLoo said:

These all whites look nice

Disagree.

Needs more teal, or something to make it less like Raiders practice jerseys.  Even just a stripe on the pants or something with the numbers.

I mean, they look pretty okay in a vacuum, they're not ugly or anything and they're kinda close to looking really good...but they don't really scream Jaguars, and that's kinda lame.

On 18/08/2018 at 2:45 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Its going to cripple this team and teams like us if we cant tackle physically 

Yeah.  I'm getting a bit worried about this rule in general.  It's just preseason and sometimes it takes a while to get a handle on how stuff will be called...but so far, it looks like it's going to be a a frustrating mess of confusing and inconsistent application in an already wildly inconsistent field of NFL officiating.  Worse, it seems like physical defensive teams (and physical running teams offensively) are going to be the most detrimentally impacted by it.

I mean, in theory it's an important rule...but enforcing it is going to be a nightmare for a bunch of officials who already struggle so mightily with even and fair application of anything containing any degree of subjectivity.

On 18/08/2018 at 12:10 PM, pwny said:

You better shut your mouth about Freddy T.

I really enjoyed Freddy T's commentating from the first game.  He was better than most of the actual season network colour guys.  Well spoken, accurate, and brought up a lot more detail than most.  I'd sign up for a lot more of that.

The Vikings feed guys were absolutely unbearable though.

Archived