George Iloka

Magnus-Viktor

Anyone think the Steelers will kick the tires on this one?  Maybe he'll be the missing piece, as a cast off from a division rival, the same way Haden was last season.  I was really underwhelmed by Burnett in this last game.  It would have been nice if the Steelers had just drafted Jessie Bates to begin with.  It's no surprise to me that he's already won a starting job.  

we have no cap space from what I remember because we still have to sign bell (insert head banging into brick wall emoticon here) .  Your comparison to Haden is valid because like Haden, Iloka would start and be an immediate improvement in one of the many needs on D (how nice is that O.o) and he could be another divisional gift from a team that somehow self destructs .  I thought we would have signed TE Graham to give Ben another weapon  and considering how nobody can cover a TE, but too late for that. Might as well sign a defender that is of starter calibre.  If Edmunds allows 2 TD's a game, he might not see the field much either. 

Was Iloka a player that has had issues like many other bungles in recent time? I don't see why they would release him unless it was a cap move. 

do we even have any cap space available?  This is the problem we face by having no cap space every year.  If a player gets hurt or becomes available, we can't sign anyone. We signed Burnett and release Mitchell, that was our Safety spending for the season and I doubt we bring in a former bungle. Like anyone, I am disappointed in our safety play as well as some CB play, ILB and some OLB. Bostic from what I saw in the preseason doesn't have the answer either.  

Archived