Should Blake start?

pwny

15 hours ago, Jags said:

What happened to him? Did the people run him out of town? 

Seriously. What happened to that spark he used to bring? 

Yeah.  Honestly, i think this question needs to be asked hard...

If Blake is ruined forever, and he may well be...what happened to that spark?  What happened to the promising up and comer that we had there?  We've had a lot of bad QBs...Bortles was the first in forever who flashed any semblance of anything and got people legitimately excited after playing actual games.  And then it just derailed completely last year.

May be beyond saving, but i think you need a really thorough post-mortem to at least try to make sure the same thing doesn't happen to the next "Face of the Franchise".

11 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Mechanics got so bad last year it affected his play. Went from an up and coming QB to one of the worst in the NFL. Fans went from being behind him to against him. Media has been all over him for his problems. All of this followed by a new head of football operations that has openly said he doesnt like him. I mean the list is large, I'm sure something in there did it...

The thing is, in his interviews he seems like the same guy with the same smirk and confidence he had all along, but when he's on the field, he seems like a shell of him old self. That energy and electricity he used to bring is no longer there. People were booing in 2015 too (we were still losing and he did throw 18 picks), but that didn't stop him from tossing 35 TDs. 

I wonder if the whole “if you turn the ball over, you’re not our quarterback” thing made him play completely different. So he’s no longer the guy who will rifle a pass in between two defenders because he trusts his arm to make the play for a huge gain, but he’s still the guy that will misread something and throw a pick. 

The issue between 2015 and 2016 seemed to me to be timing. Blake always throws into tight windows. But the windows were just tighter than normal in 2016, as if the extra half second in his get up was allowing defenders to make up ground before the ball got there. The passes that he could fit between two closing in defenders suddenly became passes that the defenders did close in on. 

Archived