Should Blake start?

pwny

19 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

To be fair, he is also from the area, so I'm sure that makes it rough too.

For sure if he was honest there. Just saying poor qb play is going to lead to scrutiny. He has to expect that as a pro athlete, especially as a QB.

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Saw someone post a quote from a media member on reddit. Can see if I can find it. Was probably tongue in cheek like usual but couldnt tell as I didnt see a video or anything more than the quote.

Found it. 

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Bortles-Nothing-changes-for-me/4450e429-2cfe-4700-a8a8-1e8cc3881831

Towards the end there. Classic charismatic Blake smile when he said it. I think he was just messing around.

10 minutes ago, iPwn said:

He’s the only player of this era that I have a jersey of. 

Thats rough. Thought he was a safe bet after 2015, no one could have saw him dropping off like this.

Its just sad...he may have been a bit overhyped with the stats he put up that year but he still played like an average to above average 2nd yr QB which was impressive.

21 hours ago, iPwn said:

Didn't you used to say this was a made up narrative by people who doubted Bortles? 

Anyway, Bortles never looked like a natural passing the ball with the needed arm talent to be a good starting QB. The fact that he's going into his 4th season and still working on changing his mechanics pretty much sealed his fate

On 8/17/2017 at 0:19 PM, Jags said:

I salute you. I really want to believe. I really want to see him succeed. There is just too much going against it, but I can honestly say this: I'd rather have Bortles be the starting QB for 16 games, rather than any other QB currently on the roster. 

I agree. I think you have to take the chance. If you get Fournette rolling and the defense playing well, you might be able to build his confidence and game back up. Remember that he actually played well over the final two games last year with Marrone and Hackett.

5 hours ago, iPwn said:

For this reason too, I’d really prefer if we didn’t kick him on his way out.

Blaine deserved all the criticism. He wasn’t charitable, didn’t give back to the community, he didn’t try to connect with fans, and even tried to push fans away. He was a jackass, and deserved to be kicked on his way out, and I’m glad he still sucks.

Blake is such a good guy that you just hope he figured it out, even if it isn’t here. His worst offense was going to a beach bar on his day off, being a 20-something bachelor, and having fun with people in the community. If this is the end for Bort, I wish him the best. 

Agreed. Blaine Gabbert was such a pompous arsehole.

9 minutes ago, Darkness said:

Didn't you used to say this was a made up narrative by people who doubted Bortles? 

I said ‘15 and ‘16 were wholly different in this.

EDIT: by that, I mean this:

In the first half when a team was within one score (eight or fewer points) last year, Bortles was the worst quarterback in the league.

He completed just 96 of 158 passes for 963 yards and five touchdowns with eight interceptions.

was not even close to the case in 2015. 

15 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I just am so shocked the front office failed to address the situation at any point in the off season. The Jags in my opinion only need ryan fitzpatrick type production to make a run at the playoffs.

For what though? I mean yeah it would be great to get out of the basement even briefly...but look where Fitzpatrick on a good year got the Jets. Then bad year happens and they're a total wreck of a team. It can fall apart fast. 

The whole aim of this scorched earth Jaguars rebuild was to build a perennial contender. That was the justification for purging everything when they came in. 

This team needs to find a long term solution at QB. That's what really matters. 

Archived