Should Blake start?

pwny

I do feel for him. Because he’s everything you want in a face of your franchise. He always says the right thing, always takes blame and shields his teammates from criticism. He’s charismatic, funny, and open with the media. A charitable good guy too. He’s conventionally attractive (sans bald spot), so he’s got all the marketability. Florida native. He has all the extracurriculars to make for a fan favorite legend.

He just can’t get the football down. Which really sucks. 

4 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I do feel for him. Because he’s everything you want in a face of your franchise. He always says the right thing, always takes blame and shields his teammates from criticism. He’s charismatic, funny, and open with the media. A charitable good guy too. He’s conventionally attractive (sans bald spot), so he’s got all the marketability. Florida native. He has all the extracurriculars to make for a fan favorite legend.

He just can’t get the football down. Which really sucks. 

I'm with ya. 

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

Saw this already but I can't blame them. ARob about to get paid and possibly Lee as well. Hurns had another down year and who knows what happens. 

Need the best QB out there to get that production/improve record and not look like they are just producing on a bad team.

So, I'm fairly tentative about entering team forums, but having just watched that game, I'm going to put forth that notion that the answer to the question in the title is "no". 

My question is: Do the Jaguars sit Bortles a la RG3's final season in Washington so they can cut him next season without having to worry about his injury guarantee?   Or, do the Jaguars use some of their 44 million in cap space they still have and..... cut him now? 

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Would like to point out Blake left stadium without talking to the media tonight.

Sounds like he stuck around in the stadium, but left the locker room. Might have wanted to compose himself before speaking to the media.

4 minutes ago, Crickett said:

So, I'm fairly tentative about entering team forums, but having just watched that game, I'm going to put forth that notion that the answer to the question in the title is "no". 

My question is: Do the Jaguars sit Bortles a la RG3's final season in Washington so they can cut him next season without having to worry about his injury guarantee?   Or, do the Jaguars use some of their 44 million in cap space they still have and..... cut him now? 

Probably the former. Doubt we cut him.

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Sounds like he stuck around in the stadium, but left the locker room. Might have wanted to compose himself before speaking to the media.

Ah ok. 

Still isnt like Blake to do that. Have to wonder if Marrone told him something regarding the starting gig or something. Blake is usually the first one to admit it when he looked awful.

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He literally has no confidence. It's not his mechanics, it's in his head. He is about to enter Blaine Gabbert territory.

if he doesn't take another snap with the Jags, id be happy. He sucks the life out of this team. 

This is the thing that's crazy to me.  Bortles came in with a real swagger to him, confidence to go out and try to make plays.  It obviously came with a ton of turnovers and all that...but he looked confident and enthusiastic.  Tossed the ball for plenty of stats.  Albeit some garbage stats among them, but this is preseason...epitome of garbage stats, and he can't seem to do anything.

He looks like a totally different QB now.  Like a broken man.

I don't know that he was ever going to be more than a Jay Cutler type tease anyway...but it seems like this whole trainwreck of a franchise has just led to his struggles piling on top of one another until it crushes him.  It's probably too late to salvage him here, but it makes me legitimately worried for any new "future face of the franchise" QB we try to bring in even.  There's something very wrong here.

Archived