Broken leg: 2018-2019 Bullpoop Mock.

JetsandI

Trivial Actions:

QuerulousActiveClam.gif

Trade.png

1) Jets send C Travis Swanson to Cowboys for 2020's conditional 7th Round Pick. 

• I really want to make a trade for Cameron Fleming but Cowboys' OL is in a serious mess. Darn it.  Anyways, this trade is similar to CB Bene Benwikere of last year.  Jonotthan Harrison is ahead of Swanson at the conclusion of NFL's preseason.

2) Jets send WR Tre McBride to Jaguars for 2019's 6th Round Pick.

• Marqise Lee is out of season so everyone on Jaguars' WR depth moves up and leaves one spot open. That is where McBride fits in for them.

3) Jets send TE Clive Walford to Chargers for 2019's 6th Round Pick.

• I think Chargers' TE depth is a little bit lighter at the moment. With Hunter Henry out, Virgil Green is only one TE they can count on.  Jets have 4 similar TEs included Walford so they need to trim down to get better usage at TE. Umm!

4) Jets pick up OT Christian DiLauro on the waiver from Browns.

• Brent Qvale isn't cut out for LT so DiLauro subs in as a swing tackle until Ben Ijalana is ready to play again. Antonio Garcia's situation remains uncertain but Jets could do to him like they did to Ijalana 3 or 4 years ago.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgOpleAuwj7QVC22c-uv3

1) LB Frankie Luvu, OL Ben Braden, OL Alex Balducci, FB Dimitri Flowers, LB Anthony Wint, DL Folorunso Fatukasi and QB John Wolford are added to Jets' Practice Squad.

• To make it simpler, I only add a several players who are currently with Jets. As for Wolford, who is signed with Jets to be 4th preseason body for Jets, I add him in case if Jets actually trade Teddy Bridgewater. Otherwise, no qb on PS if Jets carry 3 qbs.
  •  Luvu and Flowers are on short list to promote to Jets' roster. That means David Bass, Lorenzo Mauldin, Dylan Donahue and Lawrence Timmons aren't securely tenured.
  •  I purposely excluded CB and RB because there are too many players that are exchangeable in those positions in NFL. Use your own imagination.

Surprising Movements During the season:

1) LB Neville Hewitt takes over Darron Lee's spot after 4th week. Lee is demoted to pass rushing situation in all LB spots.

•  I have absolutely no evidence that suggests Hewitt will be better than Lee but I need someone that could push Lee out of starting job as I don't believe in Kevin Minter. Let's Go, Hewitt.

2) CB Rashard Robinson plays more snaps by replacing Morris Claiborne.

•  I have a funny feeling that Claiborne will revert to old himself such as battling injury and gettting beat too much for HC Todd Bowles' liking. After returning from 4 game ban, Robinson has mixed in packages with Buster Skrine until after the Bye week (11th). Robinson spends 75-80 percentage of team snaps in final 6 games. Good Job, Robinson but you still need to add some weight to your frame. Smoking marijuana wouldn't do the trick.

2018 Results:

Dolphins capture the division at 8-8. left-arrow-18.gif

At identical 7-9, Jets edge Patriots. left-arrow-18.gif

BronzeHeftyEyra-small.gif

No Playoff for Jets!!

giphy.gif

lWXEBU.gif

giphy.gif

cahWDD.gif

source.gif

Jets are sitting at 14th overall selection in 2019's draft.
Jets are owning 1st Round Pick, each pick of 3rd-5th Rounds, 3 6th Round Picks and 7th Round Pick.

dude-calm-down.gif

2019 Actions:

Jets franchise QB Teddy Bridgewater for soft trade purpose.

•  What the hell is soft trade?  Jets can package him in any trade as a better thrown in quality player as well as they are trying for 3rd or 4th round pick, depending on whose pick is attractive to Jets.  

Jets won't pick up 5th year option on LB Darron Lee.

•  I had Jets demoted him in this mock so you see the obvious.

Jets extend contracts to WR Quincy Enunwa, WR Jermaine Kearse, TE Neal Sterling, DE Henry Anderson, and LB Neville Hewitt.

• There are undisclosed contractual details in those pickups. They are whom I feel significant enough to bring back for Jets. That means they are locked to be on Jets' roster for at least 2019.

Jets offer 2nd Round Tender on WR Robby Anderson. Anderson signs.

•  In real life, if he was able to perform a strong back to back seasons then he would receive 1st round tender without any question. However, for this mock where Anderson, I'm sorry, is slipping away, 2nd Round Tender is more logical after witnessing Enunwa, Tampa's Adam Humphries and San Diego's Tyell Williams being re-signed at 2nd round value last year. I am not sure if serious injury and serious off field issue hold value equally but whatever!

Jets own the right of first refusal tenders to TE Eric Tomlinson, RB George Atkinson III, DT Deon Simon and Doug Middleton. All sign.

•  I won't lose any sleep over those RFA players but Middleton may make stronger case to receive 2nd round tender from Jets with solid 2018 performance. Don't you think?

FA signing: TE Jake McGee for one season.

• A blocking TE has a shot to replace Tomlinson on the active roster. Are you down with it or not?

FA signing: QB Matt Cassel for one season.

• It is not easy to find a solid back up qb with plenty of game experience under belt but Cassel should be the most experienced qb available for about 80 percent cheaper than Josh McCown. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FA signing: OLB Derrick Morgan for 5 years.

•  Sadly, Jets fail to sign either Jadeveon Clowney, Clay Matthews, Khalil Mack or Dante Fowler Jr.  Morgan is just a good consolation prize for Jets but he is still no slouch in pass rushing department.

HairyImpeccableIndianhare-small.gif

FA signing: OLB Markus Golden for one season.

•  He could end up with Giants for the same kind of contract as I believe he will be one of candidates to receive a “Prove it” contract. Jets have no problem with crowding QB, WR, TE, DB and DL in the past years so they have no reason to stop before the Edge position.

hell-yeah-gif.gif?w=300&h=126

Jets trade QB Teddy Bridgewater and 4th Round Pick to Bengals for 2nd Round Pick.

• Andy Dalton has an injury accident that knocks him out of 2019. Marvis Lewis and the company made it to playoff for 2018 and are desperate for having a solid qb that can help Bengals stay in playoff contention for 2019 as Lewis has last year on contract.  Jets get huge break right there.

tumblr_n1zczaBc3V1sv7laoo1_500.gif

Nashville-NFL-Draft-2019.jpg

1st Round Pick(14): >>> Traded Down with 49ers <<<

•  Jets receive 49ers’ 1.26, 2nd Round Pick and 2020’s 1st Round Pick. 49ers use 2020’s first round pick to topple their top competition’s offer. Sure. Who am I to complain about trade value after watching Edge Nick Bosa, Edge Clelin Ferrell, WR Parris Campbell, CB Amani Oruwariye and LT Jonah Williams taken earlier than 1.14? Lol.

hat-tip-gif-6.gif

49ers’ 1st Round Pick(26): OLB Jalen Jelks, Oregon.
Bengals' 2nd Round Pick: CB Trayvon Mullen, Clemson.
49ers’ 2nd Round Pick: LG Martez Ivey, Florida.
3rd Round Pick:  C/G Jesse Burkett, Stanford.
5th Round Pick: LT Yodny Cajuste, West Virginia.
6th Round Pick: LB Germaine Pratt, NC State.
Chargers' 6th Round Pick: QB Kyle Shurmur, Vanderbilt.
Jaguars' 6th Round Pick: DT Jeremiah Clarke, North Carolina.
7th Round Pick: TE Evan Butts, Virginia.

jerry-seinfeld-done.gif

Umm don't know where  to start. I really hope the jets don't do this.

Teddy is getting traded this year. They will not tag him because it is WAY to much money then you want to move him after you tagged him. Not happening,

Trading those bums for 6 and 7 round picks will not happen because these guys are career back ups and fringe roster players. 

I like the work you put in design wise and stuff but the information is not so great. 

H

Archived