Week 2: Jacksonville Jaguars (1-0) vs. New England Patriots (1-0) - Myles Jack Wasn't Down Edition

.Buzz

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah.  It's the smart play to keep Fournette out...especially considering what the weather looks like.  That's just a recipe for exacerbating the issue.

Gonna be interesting though, how they manage Yeldon+Grant's snaps, and how much Wilds gets in there.  With that kind of heat, you're going to want a steady rotation of fresh backs shuttling in and out, but we're not exactly deep there with Fournette out.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Hopefully Taven is ready to go.

From what I've seen, he definitely looks like a guy that should be playing the 3T. Fowler being back helps but Campbell is vital to this defense. Not having him would be a massive blow.

I'm kinda excited to see some more of Taven, but not like this.  Calais really is a key piece of our DLine's success.  Especially when it comes to potentially defending against Sonny Michel's debut if he does end up going.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

I'm kinda excited to see some more of Taven, but not like this.  Calais really is a key piece of our DLine's success.  Especially when it comes to potentially defending against Sonny Michel's debut if he does end up going.

Yeah, to not have our top guy offensively and now arguably our best player on defense (Yes, I realize Ramsey is elite, but Campbell is too), that's not a recipe for success when Tom Brady is in town.

Yannick, Fowler, Malik, Dareus, Bryan, etc. going to have to get after it today.

Just now, Tugboat said:

What the heck?  That's kinda outta nowhere.  Wonder if his foot/ankle boot think flared up?

More I think about it we're probably going to use Harrison out there in nickel a lot more with it being Brady and mostly the passing game we'll be worrying about.

21 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Hmmm...that seems strange.  They've got other LBers active who don't even really play starting snaps at all.  Guess they want them instead, for ST purposes?  This seems like a week where we'd be more likely to see 3 LB sets.  But maybe they're just gonna double Gronk with Harrison+whoever?

Archived