The un-HYPEd Thread

haveyoumetdustin

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The long developing deep balls don't help matters.

Koetter is enamored with explosive plays he s willing to put his Qbs in harm's way. Heck, he believes one of his best plays is the scramble drill from the QB position.  I wonder if Peyton shares the same philosophy with Brees? 

52 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Koetter is enamored with explosive plays he s willing to put his Qbs in harm's way. Heck, he believes one of his best plays is the scramble drill from the QB position.  I wonder if Peyton shares the same philosophy with Brees? 

To be fair, we don't have a QB on the roster who comes close to Brees.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

To be fair, we don't have a QB on the roster who comes close to Brees.

It s about offensive philosiphy.  A team can get play makers in space other then throwing it past 10 yds on seemingly every play. If you don t have a Brees, why would you expect your QB to constantly attempt high risk throws and wonder why there is a high turnover rate?  Even the coach for Brees doesn t expect him to make that many high danger throws. The structure of the passing game is only vertical.  The only screen they have that works is to Humphries.  They have no screen game to back off a pass rush otherwise.  Why is it when they go empty backfield the RB is always split way wide?  What the hell good is the RB doing out there when it is Barber or Rodgers?  If you put in the slot at least they could threaten the short middle.  The only other way this offense attacks a defense horizontally besides Humphries is scramble drill.  

59 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

@ravishingone, I 100% agree with you. I'm just playing devil's advocate, in hopes of sparking conversation.

This is why at the end of the year Koetter and Winston both can t return.  If the Glazers believe it is a sustainable winning offense, then Koetter wasn t the issue, it was personnel.  I have been adament Koetter has shown not to be a leader and I believe follows him accordingly.  Maybe the Glazers feel differently.

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

This is why at the end of the year Koetter and Winston both can t return.  If the Glazers believe it is a sustainable winning offense, then Koetter wasn t the issue, it was personnel.  I have been adament Koetter has shown not to be a leader and I believe follows him accordingly.  Maybe the Glazers feel differently.

Here’s the thing. Do you still trust jameis ? I mean the guy said all this crap during the draft then gets suspended. Not only that he lied about the whole incident. 

That would be my concern. Honestly I’d start fresh at both positions. Koetter was never on the jameis bandwagon when he was hired under Lovie Smith. I can’t really blame Koetter being hard on Winston trying to coach him out of turnovers bc no head coach likes QBs who give the ball away bc it’s their arse that’s getting canned. 

4. Trusting Jameis Winston would be a mistake

Julio Aguilar/Getty Images

This year, the NFL suspended Jameis Winston three games for allegedly sexually assaulting an Uber driver. He lost his starting job to Ryan Fitzpatrick. Got it back. Lost it again. And is now the starter again.

He played well against the 49ers on Sunday, throwing for 312 yards and two touchdowns.

Maybe it was the start of something. Maybe he'll use the remainder of the season to solidify his future with the Buccaneers. The team will be using the remainder of the season to evaluate how he handles himself.

But one NFC South executive said the Buccaneers even thinking about trusting Winston again would be a huge mistake.

"He will let them down," the executive put it.

This has been a refrain from around the league. I've heard from more than a few teams that they think Winston will play well in this last part of the year, giving the Buccaneers a false sense of confidence that he can be trusted on and off the field. Then Winston will do something to break the trust. Again.

League sources point to how he was accused of sexual assault at Florida State and should have learned a lesson then. Instead, he was accused of sexual assault a second time as a Buccaneer. 

They don't believe Winston has truly learned anything, and they don't believe he ever will.

Is this harsh? Sure. There's also some truth to it.

source. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2807708-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-whats-really-behind-the-bengals-collapse

That's fair. He's done nothing to be deemed trustworthy. He's been under a microscope since he entered the league. And it's his fault. Even the simple (and stupid) stuff like poking Lattimore in the back of the head was a huge deal. He's gonna have to do A LOT more to deserve a contract than play a few good games in a row.

As long as we don't give him an extension this offseason though I think we'll be ok.

36 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

That's fair. He's done nothing to be deemed trustworthy. He's been under a microscope since he entered the league. And it's his fault. Even the simple (and stupid) stuff like poking Lattimore in the back of the head was a huge deal. He's gonna have to do A LOT more to deserve a contract than play a few good games in a row.

As long as we don't give him an extension this offseason though I think we'll be ok.

Yeah that’s why I don’t know why the media and fans have been bashing koetter for benching Winston. I believe the moves been justified as letting his team down. Violating trust and coming back and playing like garbage. 

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Yeah that’s why I don’t know why the media and fans have been bashing koetter for benching Winston. I believe the moves been justified as letting his team down. Violating trust and coming back and playing like garbage. 

I didn't hate the initial benching. But when Fitz came in and played just as poorly - and we stuck with him - that's when I didn't understand the move.

Flipping back and forth is dumb. But so is playing a guy who's almost 40 over your number one pick, when the guy who's been thinking about retirement is playing like crap for an extended period of time.

It was really a no win situation.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I didn't hate the initial benching. But when Fitz came in and played just as poorly - and we stuck with him - that's when I didn't understand the move.

Flipping back and forth is dumb. But so is playing a guy who's almost 40 over your number one pick, when the guy who's been thinking about retirement is playing like crap for an extended period of time.

It was really a no win situation.

I see your point there if Jameis was as clean as a whistle off the field. Dirk seems old school and I think had enough of his shenanigans as well. 

Reading that article from mike freeman it makes you wonder what the league thinks of jameis and what might really have been going on off the field. 

Archived