Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

I m fairly confident if Licht is retained, they 'll request an interview with Bieniemy.  Licht tapped the Reid tree last time with McDermott.  It would be cool if this was an actual HC search this time, no matter the GM.  Let s face facts, the last time it wasn t a predetermined choice was Schiano.  

I juat wonder if the new President will also be the GM.  The power structure of the football operation would drastically change.  Plus, if the Glazers want to attract a star GM, this is a path.  Hypothetically, if they want a potential star in Will McClay, you want to get his attention, offer him ultimate executive power.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I juat wonder if the new President will also be the GM.  The power structure of the football operation would drastically change.  Plus, if the Glazers want to attract a star GM, this is a path.  Hypothetically, if they want a potential star in Will McClay, you want to get his attention, offer him ultimate executive power.

What did I miss? New team president? This is just in hypothetical I assume.

6 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I m fairly confident if Licht is retained, they 'll request an interview with Bieniemy.  Licht tapped the Reid tree last time with McDermott.  It would be cool if this was an actual HC search this time, no matter the GM.  Let s face facts, the last time it wasn t a predetermined choice was Schiano.  

You’d think that by the 3rd coach the Glazers would actually hear Lichts plan for finding one and let him go get one. Idk if he’s got ties to Richard but I think he does to Campbell and then Bieniemy as you stated. If Licht does head the search, who else does he have connections to?

10 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

What did I miss? New team president? This is just in hypothetical I assume.

Yes, hypothetical.  Rock Reilly out of Tampa has made it public over the last 2 weeks the Glazers are going  the President.  I don t have a problem with that route, what confuses me is why it hasn t been announced. My assumption is that those 2 titles might be held by the same person, and that is why it is being delayed.  

13 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Yes, hypothetical.  Rock Reilly out of Tampa has made it public over the last 2 weeks the Glazers are going  the President.  I don t have a problem with that route, what confuses me is why it hasn t been announced. My assumption is that those 2 titles might be held by the same person, and that is why it is being delayed.  

Ahh gotcha. Then I could be 100% wrong on thinking Licht stays, but hey maybe he does for the Jameis connection. Monday will get really interesting that’s for sure.

54 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Ahh gotcha. Then I could be 100% wrong on thinking Licht stays, but hey maybe he does for the Jameis connection. Monday will get really interesting that’s for sure.

What I don t understand about the Licht situation is if he is directly involved in this HC search, then he has to be extended.  If the Glazers are picking the HC, then it doesn t matter.  

I m very confident whoever the HC named is going to ride with Winston next season.  So again, how important is Licht to stick around.  

Whatever happens to Licht, I would expect clarity no later then Wednesday.

24 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

SR top 3 HC candidates- John Harbaugh, Wink Martindale, and Mike Leach.  Thoughts 🤔

Did you read the quote from Leach about demanding four verts over and over and over? We do **** like that with Koetter and it doesn't work. 😂

Archived