Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

2 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

What’s your succession plan for Arians since he is 66 with health issues. If Bowles is fired I’d bet he would be the DC, but him becoming the HC in waiting doesn’t do it for me.

Doesn't matter. If he can fix Jameis and finally bring out the good, we'll be winning games. And that would start something positive. And at that point it won't really matter. Any coach could ride the coattails of great QB play.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Doesn't matter. If he can fix Jameis and finally bring out the good, we'll be winning games. And that would start something positive. And at that point it won't really matter. Any coach could ride the coattails of great QB play.

I think he would make Buckner DC, not bring in Bowles.  Also, there is no guarantee Kinchens stays in Cleveland

I have little doubt the recruitment process has begun with Arians, just a matter if he is interested.

Arians' health is the only reason he's my number two. Otherwise he'd probably be my number one. I figure he could make it a few years before he needs to stop for good.

But that's ONLY because I'd prefer to have more of a status quo coaching staff. I wanna have a consistent HC where we can expect to win 10 games every year and get upset when we "only" win eight or nine. 

I think Richard has a chance to do that with our defense. That side of the ball is our biggest weakness, by MILES and miles. Fix that and we're a playoff contender.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

I think he would make Buckner DC, not bring in Bowles.  Also, there is no guarantee Kinchens stays in Cleveland

I have little doubt the recruitment process has begun with Arians, just a matter if he is interested.

I'm fine with Buckner as DC. As long as he builds around what we have and doesn't impose a 3/4. 

I really like Buck. I think our dline has taken a huge step forward since Smitty got the axe. You know he's gonna be aggressive af.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'm fine with Buckner as DC. As long as he builds around what we have and doesn't impose a 3/4. 

I really like Buck. I think our dline has taken a huge step forward since Smitty got the axe. You know he's gonna be aggressive af.

I don t think Arians would demote Buckner.  Bowles is going to have more options as a DC, next year then Buckner.  

If the Bucs were done with jameis he would’ve never seen the field again after the Bengals benching. It would’ve been like redskins with rg3 when they deactivated him and made colt mccoy the backup because they were scared of him getting hurt and wanted to move on.

So when they kept him as the backup to fitz it was always curious to me because he was always one hit away from being back in the lineup and on the hook for that money. 

I think there is a actually a decent chance JL is still the gm and gets to pick another HC.

20 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

If the Bucs were done with jameis he would’ve never seen the field again after the Bengals benching. It would’ve been like redskins with rg3 when they deactivated him and made colt mccoy the backup because they were scared of him getting hurt and wanted to move on.

So when they kept him as the backup to fitz it was always curious to me because he was always one hit away from being back in the lineup and on the hook for that money. 

I think there is a actually a decent chance JL is still the gm and gets to pick another HC.

I could see this.....  I know fans aren't too fond of him but when you look at the big picture he isn't that bad he is more middle of the pack than anything.   Everyone can have hindsight and see well he should have gone this direction yadda yadda with the draft but every other GM in the league can do that as well.

One thing I heard that was interesting is Licht was drafting the guys but the coaching staff was not putting those guys in the right position to be successful and not playing to their strengths.  I think there was a disconnect there at some point with GM/Coaching staff.

Archived