Defensive Personnel via Colbert

Steelers22

12 hours ago, Blitzburgh said:

I disagree with them drafting Cowher type players.  I think they are just drafting athletes and hoping they can be made into football players. Al Davis type moves.  I also think they have had very specific player in mind in the last few drafts.  They make it painfully obvious only to have them taken a few picks before. They seem to panic after that.  I would like to hope they have a plan B, but it certainly doesn’t seem like it.   

I think there is a major lack of talent, coaching, and discipline.  For Tomlin being such a great DC coming in it certainly doesn’t show. 

I agree that picking toward the back end of the draft has been a big problem for us too.  I don’t thinking sitting tight is the best strategy.  With how draft picks are being overvalued these days I think it would be wise to try to leverage that and get creative to get what we need or want.

Agree with everything, except him being a great DC.  I hated him as the DC for the Vikings.  There has never been a single thing about the guy I liked.  

20 hours ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

Agree with everything, except him being a great DC.  I hated him as the DC for the Vikings.  There has never been a single thing about the guy I liked.  

thats blunt enough thats for sure. 

at this stage I am going to blame colbert and the D scouts more. The idea of drafting for the D would be great if the scouts had the players right. It's still Offensive biased, but so is the league anyways .  If ben keeps playing as he has, I don't expect a good season and as a result I would expect some changes after this season.

Archived