Jaguars sign Jamaal Charles, cut Brandon Wilds

.Buzz

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So Yeldon and 2 guys that haven't been active all year? Still doesn't give you a good feeling right? I guess Wilds was just that bad

What else are they going to do?

They had Grant who we couldn't trust in pass pro/barely saw the field and Wilds who couldn't pass pro/was equally inexperienced prior behind Yeldon this week. It's definitely an improvement. Charles is proven to be good in pass pro at the very least.

I really hope that Charles still has something left in the tank. I'd really like some explosive plays. This also shows us that the Jaguars like having that explosive/ receiving option back on the team at all times. 

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So Yeldon and 2 guys that haven't been active all year? Still doesn't give you a good feeling right? I guess Wilds was just that bad

I mean, this is kinda why a few of us were up in arms about the lack of RB depth this year in the first place.

But also, yeah...idk anything about this Williams feller they signed off the Broncos PS, but i'm gonna assume he has some connection somewhere in his background where he'll have a familiar coaching tree/verbage/offense to what Hackett runs here to give him a headstart on being up to speed for this week's game.

Trying to get multiple RBs completely up to speed in a week is a big project.  Takes carries for these guys to figure out all the details of not only their own running assignments, but more importantly...their assignments when they aren't getting the ball.

Though frankly, vs the Chiefs, Wilds looked like he didn't have the slightest clue about the playbook anyway.  Just sorta did nothing, and then sometimes shuffled slowly toward the line of scrimmage when he was handed the ball like he didn't know what was going on.

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I mean, this is kinda why a few of us were up in arms about the lack of RB depth this year in the first place.

But also, yeah...idk anything about this Williams feller they signed off the Broncos PS, but i'm gonna assume he has some connection somewhere in his background where he'll have a familiar coaching tree/verbage/offense to what Hackett runs here to give him a headstart on being up to speed for this week's game.

Trying to get multiple RBs completely up to speed in a week is a big project.  Takes carries for these guys to figure out all the details of not only their own running assignments, but more importantly...their assignments when they aren't getting the ball.

Though frankly, vs the Chiefs, Wilds looked like he didn't have the slightest clue about the playbook anyway.  Just sorta did nothing, and then sometimes shuffled slowly toward the line of scrimmage when he was handed the ball like he didn't know what was going on.

tbh williams is very similiar to wilds but apparently can block and catch a little better. 

Archived