Titans (DC Universe)

43M

I hate how they did Red Hood.   Way way way too rushed....but thats the DC way, I suppose.   

Shouldve built Jason up as a loose canon throughout season 3 and had Joker kill him towards the end of the season, and had him return  as Red Hood in season 4 or even season 5.   Instead, they crammed in Jasons death and the resurrection of Red Hood...forgoing pretty much everything that made Red Hood so intriguing.

Didnt have to be perfect, but they botched it in a major way.

8 hours ago, 43M said:

I hate how they did Red Hood.   Way way way too rushed....but thats the DC way, I suppose.   

Shouldve built Jason up as a loose canon throughout season 3 and had Joker kill him towards the end of the season, and had him return  as Red Hood in season 4 or even season 5.   Instead, they crammed in Jasons death and the resurrection of Red Hood...forgoing pretty much everything that made Red Hood so intriguing.

Didnt have to be perfect, but they botched it in a major way.

I was bummed they jumped the gun too. It's still been a good so far despite that. They are clearly going another route with the character for now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I was bummed they jumped the gun too. It's still been a good so far despite that. They are clearly going another route with the character for now.

Just disappointed since that's the first live action Red Hood and they SEVERELY rushed it.    Like I said....probably wouldnt be as annoyed if it weren't for the fact WB feels the need to rush everything in the DC Universe.

19 minutes ago, 43M said:

Just disappointed since that's the first live action Red Hood and they SEVERELY rushed it.    Like I said....probably wouldnt be as annoyed if it weren't for the fact WB feels the need to rush everything in the DC Universe.

For sure. They rushed the turn like they rushed Flashpoint in Flash season 3? They have no patience. In an ideal world Jason would have been killed off in a season finale, a time jump would've happened between seasons, and over the course of the season Red Hood would go from a myth to a problem to the main threat. Then you could reveal who it was in maybe the second to last episode of the season. 

The way it's going, and I'm simply guessing, I think Scarecrow played a role in ruining Jason. This Red Hood is doing stuff comic Red Hood would not. He's different.

49 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

For sure. They rushed the turn like they rushed Flashpoint in Flash season 3? They have no patience. In an ideal world Jason would have been killed off in a season finale, a time jump would've happened between seasons, and over the course of the season Red Hood would go from a myth to a problem to the main threat. Then you could reveal who it was in maybe the second to last episode of the season. 

The way it's going, and I'm simply guessing, I think Scarecrow played a role in ruining Jason. This Red Hood is doing stuff comic Red Hood would not. He's different.

He is a straight villain on this show.   He may have some sort of redemption arc at some point, but right now...he is just a bad guy.

However, I am a big fan of anti heroes when done well.   Red Hood obviously wasnt a good guy, but he still had a strict moral code.

I just wish it wouldve been more fleshed out.

• 5 months later...

Outside of maybe 2 episodes, season 3 was so bad.

Terrible acting, terrible writing and such a laughably bad interpretation of Scarecrow.    Most of the season just felt like another CW show.

Something about season 3 for these DC shows are just bad luck.    Most start off decent and then start freefalling about season 3.