NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Can any of you esteemed draft gurus give me an updated top 10 or so.. thank you..

1. Zion Williamson | F | Duke

2. Ja Morant | PG | Murray State

3. RJ Barrett | SG | Duke

4. Coby White | CG | North Carolina 

5. Bol Bol | C | Oregon 

6. Jarrett Culver | SG | Texas Tech

7. Darius Garland | PG | Vanderbilt 

8. DeAndre Hunter | SF | Virginia

9. Cam Reddish | SF | Duke

10. Brandon Clarke | PF | Gonzaga

• Like 1

5 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Can any of you esteemed draft gurus give me an updated top 10 or so.. thank you..

I would go:

1. Zion
2. Ja
3. RJ Barrett
4. Jarret Culver
5. Bol Bol
6. Brandon Clarke
7. Nickeil Alexander-Walker
8. Cam Reddish
9. Deandre Hunter
10. Jaxson Hayes

33 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I would go:

1. Zion
2. Ja
3. RJ Barrett
4. Jarret Culver
5. Bol Bol
6. Brandon Clarke
7. Nickeil Alexander-Walker
8. Cam Reddish
9. Deandre Hunter
10. Jaxson Hayes

No Coby White in the top 10? He has been amazing down the stretch.

15 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I have been saying he is a lottery pick since like December but I have him 10-14. He is a score first PG who might not be that efficient scoring. 

I think he's more of a combo guard, if you have a PG he can play SG, if you have a SG you can play him at PG. Atlanta would be an interesting fit for him. 

Thanks @NYRaider and @11sanchez11

I haven't seen Bol Bol this year almost at all. Is he a legit prospect?? Bamba and Thon Maker's struggles leave me weary of how long it may take for Bol to become a productive NBA player. What can he bring better than the other 2 that can make him a better prospect..

Thanks again.

Edited by resilient part 2

20 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Thanks @NYRaider and @11sanchez11

I haven't seen Bol Bol this year almost at all. Is he a legit prospect?? Bamba and Thon Maker's struggles leave me weary of how long it may take for Bol to become a productive NBA player. What can he bring better than the other 2 that can make him a better prospect..

Thanks again.

Bol Bol is a different beast than Bamba and Maker. The tape on him is limited but when he played this year he produced at an elite level scoring, rebounding, blocking shots and shot the ball very well from deep. His dad played for a while in the NBA so he has that professional pedigree and looks a lot more skilled at this stage than Bamba or Maker did when they entered the draft.

19 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Bamba and Thon Maker's struggles leave me weary of how long it may take for Bol to become a productive NBA player. What can he bring better than the other 2 that can make him a better prospect

well one he is incredible on offense, and does stuff that guards do (altho way slower lol). he can post up, faceup, hit the midrange and three). He is almost like Jokic w/o the passing on offense. And then he can block shots at a high level on defense. He is slow but he has good body control. obvi needs to get stronger

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

well one he is incredible on offense, and does stuff that guards do (altho way slower lol). he can post up, faceup, hit the midrange and three). He is almost like Jokic w/o the passing on offense. And then he can block shots at a high level on defense. He is slow but he has good body control. obvi needs to get stronger

His ability to stretch the floor on offense while being an elite rim protector on defense make him an interesting fit in the modern game. He needs to add some weight and strength, plus show that he has some switchability on defense but in a weak draft class outside of the top 3 I'd take a chance on Bol early just because of his unique upside. 

4 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

the key is switchable on defense I guess...

In the modern game so many teams use small ball lineups and being able to switch is key, especially in the postseason. If there's one glaring weakness in his game it's that he hasn't shown the lateral quickness to stay in front of smaller, quicker guys.

I made this statement before the college season started and nothing has changed concerning RJ Barrett. He may go top three or at least top five, but I don't see anything more than a decent Pro in his game. Certainly not the type of player who will help turn a franchise around. I got him as a Tyreke Evans type at the next level