Week 10 GDT- 49ers v Giants

Forge

11 hours ago, N4L said:

I was watching Pettis pretty closely. The game seemed to be moving too fast for him. He tried to make a move or two and went no where. He looked like he was trying to avoid contact as much as possible, which is concerning considering the knock on him was supposed to be his light frame and he's already been injured. Still very early obviously, so that might change over time but he doesn't pass the eye test so far. 

Yes, on the plays where he was thrown the ball he looked like he was moving in slow motion compared to the defenders, particularly when they threw the ball to him in front of the flat. Were they expecting him to make people miss with punt/kick return type moves, the sort of plays that maybe they were hoping McKinnon was going to do well.?

It's very early days so there's plenty of time to improve as he gets to know the offense better - hope he gets some more chances on more vertical type plays.

4 hours ago, JIllg said:

Hands. Body control. 

plus he just has that fire that we didnt really see out of VD, especially towards the end. Early on he flirted with it, but made too many bonehead moves. Thats when singletary kicked him out of the game and he woke up so to speak

After that dude sold stock in himself, he stopped playing hard. 

http://fortune.com/2014/06/06/fantex-vernon-davis-buck-french-nfl/ 

The IPO was $10 and he sold 421,000 shares. He then had to pay a % of all future football earnings to the shareholders that would be paid a dividend. I just looked, the stock is worth $7 and change now. I wonder how that penciled out. 

Kittle is crazy, but the good kind of crazy. The kind of crazy you want on your football team. 

Archived