BDL 2018 Week 10: Seoul Dragons @ Sydney Dingos

Whicker

Seoul Dragons @ Sydney Dingos  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Seoul Dragons
    • Sydney Dingos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/14/2018 at 05:00 PM

23 hours ago, TedLavie said:

The Peters thing I addressed. It is you're right to think this part of the plan wouldn't work against Jackson but to simply say Peters isn't playing = miss gameplan is not sufficient

I failed to see in Dingo gameplan how he covers 2TE sets. So the strike is on him

The sell out vs the pads thing I don't get.

If you're just going to read the titles, I will stop writing titles 

I read the whole thing, sorry to only highlights the titles.

1) Peters "addressed"

I generally don't read the comments outside of injuries because I don't think other people's should impact my review but the below hardly seems to "address" the fact that you wrote 569 words about two players that didn't make his line-up and 413 for the rest of your offensive gameplan.

So Peters benched and replaced by the light Jackson. We still like our gameplan even with that replacement. 

2) How dingo covered for 2TE sets:

Reshad Jones will be tasked with covering Travis Kelce, he'll cover him in the redzone and on 3rd downs other than that he'll play his normal coverage assignments.

Myles Jack+Lavonte David form one of the best LB duos in BDL and should be able to handle the responsibility of covering Seoul's RBs+TEs whenever given that assignment and are more than capable of containing Howard+Drake.

Sounds pretty covered to me? Jones on Kelce, Jack/David on Everett (who isn't much of a threat to begin with)

3) Sell out vs the pass

Maybe I could have explained my thoughts better here but as I was giving the quick hitting comments I didn't. Your defensive gameplan largely ignored David Johnson and dismissed what he can do on the football field based on what Arizona has done this season. In Dingo's gameplan he gave him 25-30+ touches, that's a pretty heavy involvement if you ask me and with a goal of attaching your edges which could be susceptible to the run, especially at that volume.

TL;DR - I may have only highlighted the titles but I did read the content. It was a VERY close match-up thus the reason why I read it once, digested it, and came back to the match-up before voting and posting. At the end of the day I liked Dingo's write-up better than what you had to offer, I could have gone a lazier route and said "Dingo's steal this one at home" but that wouldn't help you either.

Archived