MNF GDT: Minnesota at Seattle

Malfatron

On 12/11/2018 at 6:21 AM, Uncle Buck said:

Cousins is a better quarterback than Case Keenum.  If we were going to keep one of the QB's we had on the roster, I would have much rather gone with Teddy than Case.  Case was a one year wonder.  Cousins was the best option available.  He is good enough to win a Super Bowl, but he's no Tom Brady.  He isn't going to put the team on his back and get us there.  You have to put a team around him.  We have that team in every area except O-line.  Fix that and get a different offensive coordinator and we will be back in the hunt.  

Cousins is better, but not enough to make the signing worth it. Also, they had a good thing going last year with Case (that doesn't mean that he was the future, and that doesn't mean that I am happy that Denver signed him because I am not). They should have tried to keep that going, get a better O-lineman or two, and draft Lamar Jackson in Round 1 to eventually replace Keenum.

58 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Cousins is better, but not enough to make the signing worth it. Also, they had a good thing going last year with Case (that doesn't mean that he was the future, and that doesn't mean that I am happy that Denver signed him because I am not). They should have tried to keep that going, get a better O-lineman or two, and draft Lamar Jackson in Round 1 to eventually replace Keenum.

I'd rather do it the way we did it.  We went one season with a subpar O-line, but we can improve that in the upcoming offseason.  Then we will have two years with a better QB.  No offense to Case.  He had a great season with us in 2017, but I just think Cousins is that much better.  He is not elite, but he is very good and that's enough to win it all if the rest of the team is also very, very good.

Archived