Juju Smith-Scheuster names Team MVP

warfelg

46 minutes ago, August4th said:

whoever runs the NFL PR team should have juju on speed-dial throughout the offseason for commercials and other PR stuff. He's the kind of person the NFL should want to push on its fans. Juju is a hit with kids in Pittsburgh

yup, grab him now before he wants a new contract

15 hours ago, August4th said:

whoever runs the NFL PR team should have juju on speed-dial throughout the offseason for commercials and other PR stuff. He's the kind of person the NFL should want to push on its fans. Juju is a hit with kids in Pittsburgh

Because he is still young himself. He is having fun, being 'obnoxious' (i dont mean that in a bad way), living his life the way he wants to, but in a positive way, and doing his damnedest to help his team all at the same time. He is like a reincarnation of Hines Wards spirit in some ways. He is a hard guy to not love.

So something I want to bring up to all the beat writers, but I bet the reason Juju was named team MVP was the improved production, stepping up in the absence of Bell, and being a leader with his actions. Of course that likely never crossed their minds.

I don’t understand the beat crew. 

Throws teammates under the bus in the media, passes blame on in detail when things go wrong, absolves himself of mistakes by publicly questions coaching decisions, has a built in practice day off,  called out the front office for drafting a player at his position the year following saying he might retire, and has a really negative history as a person in general....yeah, I’m sorry - that guy doesn’t win popularity contests. 

JuJu by all accounts is a hard worker; a great player, a willing teammate, and just an all around nice person. It’s not hard to see why players gave him the vote. 

I love the player Ben Roethlisberger, and I’m absolutely sure the guys on the team love having him in the huddle — but it’s not hard to at least draw a conclusion to why a guy so important the the success of the team has only won a team votes MVP once. 

Archived