2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

No. And that’s why I don’t want to waste him. And I’ve been a Jets fan my whole life so 36yrs. 

Cool man .... me to as far as life long Jets fan and I am 47.  First game at Shea in 1980.  And I agree.  I have not seen a better QB prospect drafted by this team than Sam.  That is why I am excited and I don't want to waste it either. I mean we CANT waste it no choice here. 

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

I don't think so. I feel the way about our players basically the same way Adam Gase has described them to be. Herndon is a unicorn. He will be a very good player. Enuwa is a 1 year tryout- if he stays healthy, he's a solid movable chess piece with YAC ability that can be an asset on gadget plays, in the screen game. Robby Anderson is an elite deep threat. Crowder is a very good slot receiver. 

We need another receiver. We need a RB. But to act like its something we need right this second is absurd. When we are clearly ready to compete, then the Jets can make the bold moves as LAR did and CLE is doing. But right now? Sign the best players available regardless of position. Draft the best players available regardless of position. Allow this to be the foundation of the roster. Win games. Then go for the big time splash moves.  

And where are we getting these guys though? Maccs mid rounders?

I don't think so. I feel the way about our players basically the same way Adam Gase has described them to be. Herndon is a unicorn. He will be a very good player. Enuwa is a 1 year tryout- if he stays healthy, he's a solid movable chess piece with YAC ability that can be an asset on gadget plays, in the screen game. Robby Anderson is an elite deep threat. Crowder is a very good slot receiver. 

We need another receiver. We need a RB. But to act like its something we need right this second is absurd. When we are clearly ready to compete, then the Jets can make the bold moves as LAR did and CLE is doing. But right now? Sign the best players available regardless of position. Draft the best players available regardless of position. Allow this to be the foundation of the roster. Win games. Then go for the big time splash moves.  

Am I taking crazy pills? How many offseasons are you and others who agree going to say this?

Didnt we all agree that we need to strike when the iron is hot with Sam on a rookie deal. 

This is an insane post especially considering we have what? Like 5 guys on our roster from the last 5 draft classes?

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Certainly not a travesty. But it’s in essence just 3 above average guys. That’s like saying is having Enunwa, Anderson and Crowder a travesty instead of having Julio and a couple good WRs. One is certainly a heck of a better situation.

And how many wins did the Falcons have with Julio, Calvin Ridley, and Matt Ryan? How many wins do any of these star receivers have won of late (Odell, AJ Green, Mike Evans,  Davante Adams...)?

Honestly, it's not as important of a position as its made out to be. Other positions are far more important. Need to build depth, need a good scheme, need good coaching and playcalling. We won't know about the scheme/coaching/playcalling until the season begins, but we can still build depth this offseason. We can still add good players. Heck free agency hasn't even started yet. 

2 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Cool man .... me to as far as life long Jets fan and I am 47.  First game at Shea in 1980.  And I agree.  I have not seen a better QB prospect drafted by this team than Sam.  That is why I am excited and I don't want to waste it either. I mean we CANT waste it no choice here. 

So we can pretty much all agree that we think Sam is the man and we shouldn’t waste or ruin him. So I’d love please for God love for someone to explain to me how spending our money and high draft picks on defense makes the odds of Sam not being wasted or ruined better?

3 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Am I taking crazy pills? How many offseasons are you and others who agree going to say this?

Didnt we all agree that we need to strike when the iron is hot with Sam on a rookie deal. 

This is an insane post especially considering we have what? Like 5 guys on our roster from the last 5 draft classes?

Yes, my point is I think we have a much better chance of winning immediately by building a stellar defense immediately with a complimentary offense for this year. You can get into the playoffs with a deep defense and schematically sound offense. 

And how many wins did the Falcons have with Julio, Calvin Ridley, and Matt Ryan? How many wins do any of these star receivers have won of late (Odell, AJ Green, Mike Evans,  Davante Adams...)?

Honestly, it's not as important of a position as its made out to be. Other positions are far more important. Need to build depth, need a good scheme, need good coaching and playcalling. We won't know about the scheme/coaching/playcalling until the season begins, but we can still build depth this offseason. We can still add good players. Heck free agency hasn't even started yet. 

It’s a very important position when you don’t have a star QB throwing you the ball. Maybe that’s the issue. I don’t view Sam as a star. And some of you do already. I 100% think Sam is incredible and hopefully will succeed. But to say he’s already there? Not getting behind that yet.

Just now, jetskid007 said:

Yes, my point is I think we have a much better chance of winning immediately by building a stellar defense immediately with a complimentary offense for this year. You can get into the playoffs with a deep defense and schematically sound offense. 

Agreed, but we have neither with ZERO depth and no OL

Just now, Bobby816 said:

It’s a very important position when you don’t have a star QB throwing you the ball. Maybe that’s the issue. I don’t view Sam as a star. And some of you do already. I 100% think Sam is incredible and hopefully will succeed. But to say he’s already there? Not getting behind that yet.

Non-star QBs throwing to star receivers hasn't produced many wins. Hence my point its an overrated position. 

Archived