New DC: Williams

New Uniformas: Can't Wait

Resignings

Quincy Enunwa

Robby Anderson

Daryl Roberts

Henry Anderson

Jason Myers

Then several other cheap options that were on the squad. Guys like (Hewitt, Luvu, Burnett, Harrison, etc.)

Free Agency

Le'Veon Bell: we get our difference maker on offense. Will be crucial in Darnolds development in the running and receiving game.

Matt Paradis: One of the best Centers in the league. Has a history with Gase and will be an anchor for the OL for a few seasons.

Roger Saffold: Top 10 OG in the NFL. Making the interior of our line legit.

Bryce Callahan: With Skrine gone we need a slot CB being that our young CBs are better on the outside. Surprisingly we have good depth at CB with Tru, Mo, Callahan, Roberts, Nickerson and Jones.

Dante Fowler Jr.: I know a lot don’t like him... but I still like his skill set. We can’t ignore how much interest we’ve shown in him, so he will be a target for us. He gives a good edge presence switching to a 4-3. With a lot of good football ahead of him.

Robert Quinn: we get a another edge that we can get cheaper with some connections to Gase.

Adam Humphries: his skill set is exactly what Gase craves. Allows us to move Enunwa around and make Humphries our “Edelman”

Trade

We trade our 3rd pick to Washington for their 2019 15th, 46th and 96th picks along with their 2020’s 1st Rounder.

NFL Draft

1st (from Washington): Jawann Taylor (OT/Florida)

Arguably the most talented OT in this class, but I feel we can still get him at 15 (If he’s gone plug in a guy like Ford or Dillard here). This moves allows us to reassess our OT position. Maybe trading away Beachum or not rushing Shell back. Or even perhaps trading Winters and moving guys around. Gives us flexibility or our new rebuilt OL.

2nd (from Washington): Hakeem Butler (WR/Iowa State)

Love this kids combo of skill set. Great athleticism for his size. Has that long stride speed. Really a huge weapon for a young QB to just lob it up to. A WR core of Enunwa, Robby, Humphries and Butler is very good. Sub in AJ Brown or Ridley here if you think Butler will be gone.

3rd: Elgton Jenkins (C/OG/Mississippi State)

Yes OL again. Paradis is really just a rental at a high level for a couple of seasons. Jenkins is the long term starter at C and can play OG in the meantime as a backup or a swing OLineman in packages. Can even push Winters out.

3rd: (from Washington): Rodney Anderson(RB/Oklahoma)

We cut Crowell once we signed Bell so another RB is a need. We can afford to be patient with Anderson since we have Bell and McGuire. By 2020 he can mix in with Bell.

3rd: (from New Orleans): Te’Von Coney (LB/Notre Dame)

We need another LB switching to a 4-3. We can rotate in Jenkins and Coney in based on down and packages. 

4th: Austin Bryant (DE/Clemson)

A rotational edge to mix in with Fowler, Quinn and Copeland.

5th: Nik Needham (CB/UTEP): Very fluid athlete that's set up to play in the slot. Depth CB.

6th: (traded away)

7th: Lucas Denis (S/ Boston College)

Depth Safety draftee.

I'd be cool with this if it worked out this way, it is seeming less and less likely that Taylor will be there at 15 but it is a possibility.  I do think he ends up being the first OL off the board though.  I think he has a higher ceiling than Jonah and that pushes him up.

I like it but just some nit picking stuff I do t see Taylor lasting that long so I’d roll with Dillard there, a little raw but definitely has the talent to be a solid LT, Butler I have a hard time seeing lasting that long as well but teams could be scared of his drops, and lastly I don’t think Bryant lasts till where you have him think he’s a high to mid 2nd round pick and one of the better Edge rushers in the draft, Chase Winovich or Jalen Jelks might be more realistic picks at that spot.

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

I like it but just some nit picking stuff I do t see Taylor lasting that long so I’d roll with Dillard there, a little raw but definitely has the talent to be a solid LT, Butler I have a hard time seeing lasting that long as well but teams could be scared of his drops, and lastly I don’t think Bryant lasts till where you have him think he’s a high to mid 2nd round pick and one of the better Edge rushers in the draft, Chase Winovich or Jalen Jelks might be more realistic picks at that spot.

I knew those 1st 2 picks might not be there... that’s why I put alternates for both picks. 

QK, I am on board with your off season moves. When you look at what Gase, did last year at Miami to get a 7-9 record with less or equal talent as us he  did a hell of a job. I would like to give Burnett another shot as fourth WR, seems like he has a good repore with Darnold.  Your grade for your mock is A-

Archived