Draft Prospects the Browns should avoid like the plague

Horseunit

Agree with Greedy Williams. Never saw a Top 5 talent. I saw a middle 2nd round guy and that was purely on his athletic ability. He has absolutely ZERO competitive fire.

Been calling Greg Little a 5th rounder since the beginning. Haven't seen one single thing about him that impresses. He will probably go higher than 5th based on his big name but whatever team does it is going to be extremely disappointed.

I haven't watched enough of the other guys on your list.

Arcega-Whiteside, Mack Wilson and Dawson Knox are three more I'd add to the all overrated team and please avoid Browns list.

Oh and Zach Allen

14 hours ago, Horseunit said:

Greedy WilliamsFrustratingly poor reps are present on tape. Can be found at times walking behind the play and has made some business decisions in run support and as a tackler. Plays passive and soft in this regard. Isn’t particularly interested in putting his face in the fire or trying to jolt blockers and discard of blocks. Is slow to press up into the LOS and often times sits off the line to try and wait out having to tackle.

I'm concerned about his lack of physicality. He is a straight up zone corner, but I loathe CB's that are zone heavy that don't tackle. It's a recipe for disaster, as you often concede yards in zone and then have to make a play. Deandre Baker is clearly the best CB in this draft for me. He's not nearly the athlete that Williams is, but he's gutsy and plays hard every snap. Plus he's much sticker in man coverage and has experience in both press/off man and press/off zone.

Greg Little“Oof…this guy is just bad. I don’t know what to tell you. He doesn’t move well enough to play left. He’s too lazy. I laugh every time he’s in the first round of a mock draft.” — NFC pro scout

I think he moves just fine, but his footwork is incredibly lazy. He'll struggle to mirror because of this laziness, but he's not untalented.

Dexter Lawrence “It’s nothing against the kid, but teams should know better than to draft a nose tackle early. He’s Vita Vea. He’s Danny Shelton. These guys are never worth the early pick.” — AFC general manager

This is ridiculous. He's a significantly better player than Danny Shelton. He's a better pass rusher than Vita Vea. I agree that NT's aren't overly valuable, but Lawrence can actually generate pressure.

Gerald Willis Issues with coaches and teammates as a freshman at Florida led to his transfer. Suspended for 2016 season opener for violation of team rules. Took a leave of absence from the Miami program in 2017  I get a Gerard "Big Money" Warren vibe from this guy.

Definitely not a great team guy, but his talent is undeniable. He's lazy on the field at times too, but his good tape is REALLY good.

Tre Lamar - Not a player who projects favorably to today’s NFL. Lamar is rigid, stiff and struggles in space, all areas that LBs need to excel if they are to be coveted prospects.

Agreed.

Lonnie Johnson Jr. - Poor body control and sloppy with the direction of his hips in zone coverage, which limits his ability to close quickly. Feet are all over the place and transitions are slow as a result. Allows underneath throws to be completed consistently, rarely contesting the window unless in goal-to-go situations. 

Haven't watched him.

Ryan Finley - Being compared to Nathan Peterman enough said.

FInley is much more accurate. Peterman was almost exclusively a bootleg passer at Pittsburgh. Finley is a spread QB that makes full-field reads and has had a lot of success with it. I think he's limited physically, but he's not somebody that I expect to spectacularly bomb. He'll be a solid backup IMO.

My guys I'm scared of:

Byron Murphy- limited to a zone scheme. No experience in press man. Lacks great athletic traits and doesn't tackle well at all. He's got good ball skills and instincts, but you're going to need more than that to go in the 1st round, kid.

Cody Ford- inconsistent with his play. He easily gets to the next level, but struggles to deal with big DL in his grill. He's selectively nasty which concerns me. I'd be happy with him in the 2nd-3rd round, but there's talk of him going top 10. That's crazy rich for me.

Rashan Gary- this should be obvious. A lack of production and awareness on the field are concerning. Plus he's going to be a tweener in a negative sense. He seems like a more physically talented Tank Carradine to me.

Kelvin Harmon- doesn't separate like his highlight tapes suggest. His highlight tapes show him running past crappy DB's, but he lacks great setups, doesn't play to his size, and is goofy after the catch. Josh Doctson vibes, but with less explosive jump ball ability.

Erik McCoy- struggles mightily with country strong DT's. Will have a great day at the combine, but the tape shows a dude that is athletic, but lacks physicality or play strength. He could be considered in the 2nd round, but screw that noise.

Irv Smith- underdeveloped pass catcher with a thin frame. He's a willing blocker, but I don't think he's going to make that happen against NFL base LDE's. I don't hate him as a prospect--I just like a handful of other TE's more (Josh Oliver, Hockenson, Fant).

Isaiah Buggs- liked his tape, but have read several unflattering reports about his work ethic. Big fat dude with work ethic questions shouldn't be considered. Screw you, Cameron Erving. Screw you and your fat titties.

JJ Arcega-Whiteside- too 1-dimensional. Elite jump ball receiver, but that's literally the only thing he does that's not below average. That and blocking. He's a red zone weapon, but not much else. Larry Brackens.

Archived