Rank the all-time 49er running backs

TO81Show

5 hours ago, rudyZ said:

I actually loved Hunter. The guy who get the ball on a draw play on 3rd and 15th and somehow convert. More than once. He was so shifty, and unexpectedly tough. Too bad for the injuries.

If you're to compare Glen Coffee to anyone, go for Thomas Clayton. 

The only comp you can really make for Glen Coffee is Chris Borland lol both guys quit 

The difference is with Coffee he said it was to become a minister and then a few years later he got arrested with a handgun and some drugs lol 

I loved Kendall Hunter. I loved the counter tosses we used to run with him. Alex would toss the ball to the right and then Hunter would catch it and run left. Genius. That guy was explosive as hell. He was basically the OG breida 

This thread doesnt have enough Frank Gore videos

Ooh this is difficult as there have been so many great ones.  Joe Perry has to go on my list, as does Roger Craig, Garrison Hearst and Ricky Watters and Frank Gore.  I can't include our wonderful fullbacks Tom Rathman and William Floyd and Fred Beasley, simply because their job was not to be the yardage gainer that an RB is designed to be.  Honourable mention goes to JD Smith from 1959-1963 who was a terrific bruiser and a great complement to Perry (worth checking out on youtube).  In order for me it would be:

1. Frank Gore

2. Joe Perry

3. Roger Craig

4. Garrison Hearst

5. Ricky Watters

Archived