I've seen a lot of mocks and...

James Lofton

1 hour ago, James Lofton said:

A lot of folks don't want Burns. Is it because of his size?

I suppose. I'll never forget seeing "Too Small" Jamaal Reynolds with his jersey and pads off after a Training Camp practice. They can say 240 pounds, but Jamaal looked all of 220 after a few weeks of running around in the sun, and he snapped in half the moment they put him on the field with grown ups. That mistake created a cascade of multiple Jamaal-fixing blunders that hurt us for years--Joe Johnson, Cletidus Hunt, etc..

I'm okay with with Burns being the option if Oliver is gone. But I worry he'll get broken.

1 hour ago, blueswedeshoes said:

I suppose. I'll never forget seeing "Too Small" Jamaal Reynolds...That mistake created a cascade of multiple Jamaal-fixing blunders that hurt us for years--Joe Johnson, Cletidus Hunt, etc..

Yes, those were some bad decisions, that ultimately handed Sherman a dud, who he tried to fix with a bust. Ugh. However, I have to wonder if Jamaal Reynolds would have had more success in todays game. Not sure.

2 hours ago, blueswedeshoes said:

I suppose. I'll never forget seeing "Too Small" Jamaal Reynolds with his jersey and pads off after a Training Camp practice. They can say 240 pounds, but Jamaal looked all of 220 after a few weeks of running around in the sun, and he snapped in half the moment they put him on the field with grown ups. That mistake created a cascade of multiple Jamaal-fixing blunders that hurt us for years--Joe Johnson, Cletidus Hunt, etc..

I'm okay with with Burns being the option if Oliver is gone. But I worry he'll get broken.

I'm not so worried about that. I just think he is a pure speed rusher at this point and I want more from the #12 pick. The greatest speed rushers in the NFL are able to convert there speed to power when needed to get inside. I don't see that with Burns. He has great speed and bend but NFL OTs will just push him to the outside while the QB steps up in the pocket. Although I think he is a much better player than Clay or Fackrell now I think you will see similar issues with him. 

Archived