My one and only mock (4 rounds w/trades)

paul-mac

16 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Pick    Team            Player            Position    College    Notes
13    Miami Dolphins    DK Metcalf    WR         Ole Miss    
48    Miami Dolphins    Miles Sanders    RB        Penn State    
78    Miami Dolphins    Joe Jackson    DL        Miami (FL)    
116    Miami Dolphins    Tyree Jackson    QB         Buffalo

1st round is not a no, but HE** no! This is DL or OL pick all the way! We've lost '3' starting DEs! Lost our starting RT on the OL, we may not have a solid starting C, we have no viable OGs.
WR is NOT a position of need at all right now. My guess is this pick, based on your draft - Clellin Ferrell or Christian Wilkins/whom they love or Garrett Bradbury. My guess is DE.

2nd round is the same situation. we have 2 valid RBs under contract and plenty of years left, maybe late rounds, UDFA or june cuts. I know we've had some crappy drafts, but hoping that will change. This slot is ALSO a DL or OL pick. I almost feel like if your draft falls this way, I wouldn't be surprised if we double down on DEs. Chase Winovich is a potential pick/whom they also like. Otherwise, truthfully - best available OL prospect (most likely the case here). 

3rd round ok, so now we have a DL pick, but I think Joe Jackson goes 4th round, not 3rd. I think based on the new coach defense scheme and approach (runs a lot of nickel & dime), he could look at another CB across from Xavien Howard. Possibly Trayvon Mullen? I've also heard Vosean Joseph (both of these 2 after the Joe Jackson pick you gave us), wondering how much longer they will keep Kiko Alonso.... 

4th round - plausible. Stidham and Grier are possibilities as well. I agree that they will draft a QB in this draft, but none of the 1st/2nd round picks. I see them as future busts, personally/gut-feeling. But a developmental QB of any of these 3 I totally agree - Tyree Jackson, Jarrett Stidham, Will Grier.

Sorry buddy, I just don't think the top end of the draft works for the team, and with explanations or other picks that would better suit the team. Have a great draft day later!

Archived