2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

Anyone else think KD being out and Klay being out is different? KD suffered an unfortunate injury and teams are lucky he isn't playing. Klay was being an idiot and basically got himself hurt. I dunno but I feel like Klay's absence would create a bigger asterisk for Toronto in that game if he didn't wreck himself.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I disagree. GS was never out of it in either game in Toronto even if Toronto controlled game 1 and half of game 2. Splitting 1-1 and coming home with a healthy Klay completely changes yesterday's game.

You are seeing what you want to see and just don't want to admit your entire premise has to change about KD and if he is needed or not.

Never out of either game in Toronto? Well, they damn sure weren't in control of game 1 at ANY point and never even tied the game in the 2nd half. Game 3 was all Toronto from the start. Game 2 it was all Toronto until the end of the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Point blank their offense simply isn't good enough to beat this Raptors team. And yesterday the defense was so putrid, they would have still lost even with Klay. How are you going to beat this Raptors team when you have to play Bell/McKinnie/Jerebko legit minutes? How are you going to beat them when Draymond/Iggy/Cousins can't hit anything from the perimeter...Granted, Iggy did hit a few threes yesterday but he is essentially a non-factor offensively. Raptors pack the paint and protect the rim while allowing anyone but Curry/Klay to shoot from the perimeter. 

KD needs to return and return to form for the Dubs to pull this off. Will just add to his legacy if he is able to do so.........

If Toronto wins it won't feel earned at all. Playing half a team isn't impressive. I get they can only play who is front of them but it won't be the monumental achievement or how the GS dynasty should end.

12 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Anyone else think KD being out and Klay being out is different? KD suffered an unfortunate injury and teams are lucky he isn't playing. Klay was being an idiot and basically got himself hurt. I dunno but I feel like Klay's absence would create a bigger asterisk for Toronto in that game if he didn't wreck himself.

I really didn't see it as him being an idiot to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

If Toronto wins it won't feel earned at all. Playing half a team isn't impressive. I get they can only play who is front of them but it won't be the monumental achievement or how the GS dynasty should end.

Nah, a title is a title. They would have already earned it by beating a tough 76ers team and a juggernaut in Milwaukee. Injuries are part of the game. 20 years from now no one will bring up the injuries to GS just that the Raptors won their first title in franchise history. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I really didn't see it as him being an idiot to be honest.

Nah, a title is a title. They would have already earned it by beating a tough 76ers team and a juggernaut in Milwaukee. Injuries are part of the game. 20 years from now no one will bring up the injuries to GS just that the Raptors won their first title in franchise history. 

No one will care a whole lot about it either because anyone who watched would know it was a weak win.

45 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Danny kinda fouled him on that play. He ran through him and then Klay tried to flop it. Should have been a foul 

Just now, champ11 said:

Danny kinda fouled him on that play. He ran through him and then Klay tried to flop it. Should have been a foul 

Did they show a better angle somewhere? The replay angle they showed during the game didn't show anything other than Green sliding behind him with no contact.

11 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Did they show a better angle somewhere? The replay angle they showed during the game didn't show anything other than Green sliding behind him with no contact.

best i could find w a quick twitter search

8 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Thank you!!! I mentioned right when it happened how they didn't call a foul on that play. Just unfortunate, wouldn't say he was trying to pull a Harden-esque type of flop there that got him hurt. 

27 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

No one will care a whole lot about it either because anyone who watched would know it was a weak win.

Folks will care about it since it was Toronto's first championship. It will be magical part of their team's history. Does anyone talk about Peja missing all but a few games against the Lakers in 02? Does anyone talk about Magic missing two games against the Pistons in 89 along with Scott missing the entire series? 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thank you!!! I mentioned right when it happened how they didn't call a foul on that play. Just unfortunate, wouldn't say he was trying to pull a Harden-esque type of flop there that got him hurt. 

Folks will care about it since it was Toronto's first championship. It will be magical part of their team's history. Does anyone talk about Peja missing all but a few games against the Lakers in 02? Does anyone talk about Magic missing two games against the Pistons in 89 along with Scott missing the entire series? 

People in Toronto will. I can't imagine anyone saying this is a significant part of history or some historic achievement. It's a weak title that no one except Kawhi will get much credit for.

5 minutes ago, champ11 said:

best i could find w a quick twitter search

Yep, he got hip checked first. This is why I don't really think he was being much of an idiot on this play. Things happen, and unfortunately Danny Green wanted revenge for Zaza's play against Kawhi so he took matters into his own hands. Can''t stop him? No problem, just injure him!!! 

Just now, Bullet Club said:

People in Toronto will. I can't imagine anyone saying this is a significant part of history or some historic achievement. It's a weak title that no one except Kawhi will get much credit for.

"Weak title" means exactly what? It's a title period. This is why all this talk of having asterisk next to titles is laughable to me. There is no such thing of that. If I talked to you about the Spurs title against the Nets, you probably wouldn't be able to remember what happened in that series aside from the Spurs winning. Same with the Lakers against the Nets or the Spurs against the Knicks etc. Point is, most of these titles don't get talked about years down the line, only the truly memorable ones. Details are lost, folks just know which team won the title in that particular year. 

1 minute ago, Mossburg said:

Actually yea, I could see it from that angle. From there it doesn't even look like he's trying to sell a foul either, his legs kicks out and he's knocked off balance and lands awkward.

Yep, that awkward split only happens once he gets checked in mid-air. Klay is not really a flopper to be honest. Dude never tries to sell contact, unlike Steph. This dude just straight balls...Awkward yet unintentionally funny human being that only cares about his dog and hooping lol.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

"Weak title" means exactly what? It's a title period. This is why all this talk of having asterisk next to titles is laughable to me. There is no such thing of that. If I talked to you about the Spurs title against the Nets, you probably wouldn't be able to remember what happened in that series aside from the Spurs winning. Same with the Lakers against the Nets or the Spurs against the Knicks etc. Point is, most of these titles don't get talked about years down the line, only the truly memorable ones. Details are lost, folks just know which team won the title in that particular year. 

You know exactly what I mean by weak title. No one cares what a casual fan thinks. Those are the same people saying Kobe > LeBron and other nonsense like that. I don't why you're getting offended. No one will care about this if they win. Toronto fans will be over the moon and then get the "yeah but" for years to come. It counts as a title but for a team winning their first ever it would probably be the weakest or least respected ever.

Archived