Top 50 Prospects Currently in the NFL

tannenballs

14 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Amos is the best rated safety in football by PFF, well that is proof no to go on the book with those ratings.  Glad you do not use them because many do especially in terms of argument sake.

As for what they do in college, that is what I do.  I actually watch players in college and try to project them to the next level.  You have apparently have no clue how good a player was in college or what they have been or what they become before they got to the NFL.  How they progressed and improved in college means apparently nothing to you which provides a slightly odd perspective to their ceiling or potential from you point of view.  But it is a different perspective I provide. You just want to go off of rookie performance as fact of greatness go ahead.  But fact is he did play before he got to the NFL and what he did in college does show something about what he can become long term at times.  

In terms of Non-offensive touchdowns, Eddie Jackson has a lot of them because he was a punt return man in college his last year and took two back to the house in college.  Clearly has return skills and more often than not defensive backs with return ability return INTs for TDs.  Just as Ed Reed, Charles Woodson, Deion Sanders, DeAngelo Hall, Nate Clements etc.  Being in the right place and returning picks for TDs early in your career is not proof of greatness.  RW McQuarters had 7 non offensive TDs and I do not view him as this all time great CB, and yeah he was a return man as well at times.  

Ask Charles Tillman how at times the TDs just stop coming from those turnovers and interceptions.  He was great at it for a few years on good defenses but is hard to keep that up long term.  In a two year span he had 5 TDs from interceptions and the other 11 years he had a total of 3.  

The fact you do not comment on his tackling what so ever because why?  I view that as a weakness of his, to you it means nothing apparently because you never address it.  One on one with a ball carrier to tackle you think Jackson is the same as Landon Collins, Jamal Adams or Derwin James?  Because he is not, he is a coverage man and yes Ed Reed could take better than Eddie Jackson can.   Did I underrate Jackson a little in this original list, sure I did looking at it now but I say his tackling does need to improve.  Reshad Jones has made two pro bowls as a safety but I do not view him as this super elite safety talent, good player sure but nothing to build a team around.  It is a weak time for safeties and some more have to develop, but does help players get into Pro Bowls.  Think Eddie Jackson would have got to the NFC East Pro bowl starter with John Lynch and Brian Dawkins around, no.  Or AFC with Rod Woodson, Rodney Harrison and Lawyer Milloy.

Eddie Jackson was a CB at Alabama his first two years and did get injured multiple times in his Alabama career.  Did splash and made big time returns in special teams for TDs and returns of INTs for TDs.  Good range, playmaker and active in coverage no doubt but is limited tackling and does have a injury history that is a cause or concern.  Is a CB playing safety and has taken advantage of it for sure, was some what limited as a CB but fits right in at safety and helps he is on the Bears defense.  Will see if he can keep up this and become this all world safety Hall of Famer you make him out to be.  

If this was predraft 2017, what you thought his ceiling was in college would matter.  Its 2019, hes 2 years into his career, and hes better than you thought he could be.  It's time to put away your predraft thoughts and recognize that he has proven you wrong and move on.  

As for his tackling, his missed a few (less than Amos actually, but that's neither here nor there) but a lot of that stems from trying to make a play, and it should be scary for everybody that the best safety in the game today has room to get even better.

Hey guys I recently made a YouTube channel and made a video predicting each team's record! Uploaded another intriguing video today, so please check it out! Not trying to spam or anything guys, just haven't had much luck growing my channel the first week and need some help... If you guys check it out I'd really appreciate it. And if you do enjoy the videos, please subscribe. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzoNaEa4McV-9AotoOFcSug

• 2 weeks later...