FF Big Big Brother 8: Finn wins! Postgame show NOW

Malfatron

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@Adrenaline_Flux, one thing I disagree on is personal has to be taken into account, especially this early.  You screw someone here and you lose their vote.  It’s why I took this risk.  I wanted Finn’s vote.  It didn’t work out for me obviously, but I still maintain you cannot screw everyone this far and expect to win.  

Credit to Nazgul for making the move.  It was something he knew would backfire, but he stayed loyal when I tried to have my cake and eat it, too.

I recognized the lose-lose situation. Let it be known that Outpost offered ME this deal first. He wanted me to concede and he would post that he doesn't want jury votes.
I would never have taken that deal and countered it to him. I get the risk he was willing to make, but in the end I bet on myself and no one else. I wouldn't have conceded.

I had promised both Finn and Outpost F2 (as I am sure both of them had done too). So I knew in a situation where I had to make the choice - that I most likely wasn't getting the vote from the person I lied to. But 10/10 times I would rather I make that choice and be guaranteed F2 than someone else make it and hope I make it.

15 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i've always been of the mindset that why compete if nobody gives a ****. i did what i could do to raise the theatrics. a lot of people miss the intention of what i do in these games and in mafia games. i've always thought it went without saying that i play an exaggerated version of myself in these games. i do things to not only make things interesting for myself, but to also make this a game worth competing for (in my own mind at least). my loyalty was 100% pure to everyone i gave it to up until i had reason to no longer be loyal. the most extreme case being mission obviously. at least in the public eye, because they didn't see what transpired between me and outpost via PMs. mission tried to vote me out of the game. it's as simple as that. you can say... welllll it's his boy TLO, he had no choice. that's fine. if he didn't try and vote me out the loyalty would've remained in tact. the game had gotten stale at that point and i was looking to spice **** up a little. i knew mission would react in extreme fashion. it made for good content. i knew he was going to pissed. i knew it wasn't a move that was beneficial to my game. i know that mission WOULD'VE been loyal to me if I didn't do that. you can call it a backstab if you want. i did what the game needed. it's not my intention to not "seem like a threat", but i definitely understand people don't take my game seriously. if we're being honest, i don't take it seriously myself. i play to contribute to the overall quality of the game. a successful season is me doing what i can in my spare time to make this a cool thing. i also don't really understand you question, but if you wanna reword if i didn't answer it, i'd answer it again if i didn't address anything that you wanted addressed. 

i will say this though. i think i played the best game. i blow up relationships when i feel the game is lacking or the opportunity presents itself, but i have extreme confidence in my ability to get people to be on my side. i also won the most challenges. didn't create any fake alliances. was truthful to everyone that didn't make moves that put myself in danger throughout the game. if i wasn't truthful to anyone in the game it's mission. but i've addressed that. and i don't regret doing that. 

I believe you said not too far back to Outpost that, and this is paraphrasing a bit, if you're truthful/loyal to everyone then you're truthful/loyal to noone. I know you play an exaggerated version of yourself and try to spice things up - that's a great way to make things interesting and get yourself to second place. I am not sure it is a good way to win the game though and your answers really don't feel like you're trying to win the game. 

On a personal note - I've tried to remain loyal to you each time we have played and it always feels like you're waiting for an excuse to not trust me. Even with voting or going different routes on a few things, I still had your back and considered you as one of my most important allies up to the point when I went out of the game. I tried hard to keep you trusting me, because I do always mean it when I say that I try to make moves that benefit us both (though inevitably, there are times when I have to make calculated decisions like when I chose to keep touch in the game). Never a direct shot taken at you. You have a habit of making me feel guilty in the game even when I shouldn't and I wanted to know if that's genuine or you just playing the game. I don't think I really have my answer, but I do think I'm closer to being able to cast a vote for a winner, so thank you. As always, much love <3

7 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i will say man you were the first person i reached out to in this game. i thought we were gonna be able to collaborate and make one of the most memorable seasons with what we could do socially/creating storylines. 

it was never about winning to me honestly. i wanted to get to the finale, because i thought me and you in the end was what was best for this game. i don't know if i'm even trying to make a point here, but it's disappointing we weren't able to do that. 

Yeah, then you bitched because I didn’t do what you wanted me to do and you ended it.  It could have been me and you, but you threw a temper tantrum.

ET was above you though.  And you ****ed me over every single time with Pickle, who was definitely after me.

6 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

I recognized the lose-lose situation. Let it be known that Outpost offered ME this deal first. He wanted me to concede and he would post that he doesn't want jury votes.
I would never have taken that deal and countered it to him. I get the risk he was willing to make, but in the end I bet on myself and no one else. I wouldn't have conceded.

I had promised both Finn and Outpost F2 (as I am sure both of them had done too). So I knew in a situation where I had to make the choice - that I most likely wasn't getting the vote from the person I lied to. But 10/10 times I would rather I make that choice and be guaranteed F2 than someone else make it and hope I make it.

If the challenge would have finished before Sunday, night wouldn’t have taken this deal either.  Lol.  Lack of patience did me in again.  It’s why I can’t play these games anymore and certainly can’t host them.

But I will admit I also wanted the advantage of being the villain here.  I think my final diary entry was something like, “I don’t want to win this.  God help me, I trust Nazgul.”

I genuinely think your game was extremely weak.  You did absolutely nothing all game, sucked to high heaven in challenges, and betrayed two people way late in the game.  

You’d never get my vote for that move not because I’m pissed at you.  I get your logic.  I just disagree with your logic.  A direct lie for everybody to see.  My motto in these games is lie, but with deniability.  There is none here.

Good game, everyone.  Even you, Naz.  Your game wasn’t good, but good game in the other sense, like I had fun playing.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If the challenge would have finished before Sunday, night wouldn’t have taken this deal either.  Lol.  Lack of patience did me in again.  It’s why I can’t play these games anymore and certainly can’t host them.

But I will admit I also wanted the advantage of being the villain here.  I think my final diary entry was something like, “I don’t want to win this.  God help me, I trust Nazgul.”

I genuinely think your game was extremely weak.  You did absolutely nothing all game, sucked to high heaven in challenges, and betrayed two people way late in the game.  

You’d never get my vote for that move not because I’m pissed at you.  I get your logic.  I just disagree with your logic.  A direct lie for everybody to see.  My motto in these games is lie, but with deniability.  There is none here.

Good game, everyone.  Even you, Naz.  Your game wasn’t good, but good game in the other sense, like I had fun playing.

Naz laid low until jury, but he started playing at that point and he played really well. It may not seem impressive that he laid low and he definitely did so while not really knowing what was going on which is definitely unimpressive, but he already said that he needed to reduce his threat level in order to have a chance this game so it was at least calculated. It isn't like it wasn't transparent either so a lot of people knew what he was doing and still let him do it. I had conversations with people about how Naz and touch both needed to go early in jury because they were capable players playing well under the radar, but Naz did win those vetoes, people did keep him safe, and the game played out to where it became beneficial for other players (like myself) to work with him in a genuine way. 

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I believe you said not too far back to Outpost that, and this is paraphrasing a bit, if you're truthful/loyal to everyone then you're truthful/loyal to noone. I know you play an exaggerated version of yourself and try to spice things up - that's a great way to make things interesting and get yourself to second place. I am not sure it is a good way to win the game though and your answers really don't feel like you're trying to win the game. 

i'm not gonna try to "convince" people that's not really how i do **** personally. nazgul played a clean game. i like nazgul, he's a good guy. to me at least. i played a louder game. i won more comps than him. i did more for ratings. i played a better game than nazgul. i think it's simple. 

5 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

On a personal note - I've tried to remain loyal to you each time we have played and it always feels like you're waiting for an excuse to not trust me.

that's how i feel with everyone honestly. i've been screwed over so many times, i'm just waiting for guys to turn. i'm aware that's a vibe i give. it's hard to trust anyone. if i smell something, i address it. i think i did that with you on two occasions and then we talked things out and i thought we both felt a little better. if i'm hearing things, i don't just keep it on the low, i try to see what's really going on. you've been one of my better pals on this site for a minute, so i was just seeing what was up. but yeah honestly i didn't trust you for a lot of the game. i can't remember, but at one point there was a rogue vote i accused you of, that i still really can't figure out who it was if it wasn't you. but i moved along and kinda just swept that one under the rug. but i still felt like it was unlikely you would ever do me dirty, and i felt like you knew i would never do you dirty. 

12 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

You have a habit of making me feel guilty in the game even when I shouldn't and I wanted to know if that's genuine or you just playing the game.

it's not a good thing, but i feel this is what makes me the strongest social player in the game honestly. nobody playing is able to do this better than me. it's 100% not genuine. you've always been on of my favorite guys on this site. and that's obviously not some front to get you to vote for me. but i do consider my pathos a skill. my best skill in these games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

My biggest lie this game was right here when I evicted you. Besides this, my game was open and honest.
I won't accept the fact that I "screwed everyone" or that "my game was weak"

I wanted to work with TLO and Mission because of ET's comments to me. If ET doesn't win the following HoH (after Dwight was evicted), I'm probably on their side.
ET wins though, so I am all-in on Team-ET again. Mission and TLO are nominated and it closes the door on that potential alliance. 

This game is about making the right move at the right time. 
Absolutely I tried to win challenges. It doesn't always work out the way you want though, and I didn't win early. It doesn't always pay to win though. I never bank on winning a competition as my go-to play. If anything it's secondary. Especially here in BB8 where I was in multiple PMs to better position myself. That's not evident in the thread - but I wasn't simply letting the days pass. In the event I didn't win HoH, I had to make sure that I wasn't a nominee. When I didn't win Veto, I had to make sure I wasn't the replacement. That's probably more work than an actual challenge is.

I also won 3 Vetos (each time when I was nominated). During my first HoH I was able to evict ET80 (the games biggest move). You voted to keep ET and Finn decided to keep Flux (which, btw - my promise to Finn was why you needed to be the nominee here Flux, and the fact that it ensured that you stuck with me and not ET/Outpost. By letting Finn make that choice it kept my F2 with him and it kept the numbers. Obviously I trusted you, but I couldn't be 100% until it was done). I was also able to have you concede the final HoH due to my social game. You admit to trusting me. I think that I get some credit for that. So conceded or not; I count 2 critical HoH's and 3 Vetos. That's hardly "doing nothing all game."

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, then you bitched because I didn’t do what you wanted me to do and you ended it.  It could have been me and you, but you threw a temper tantrum.

ET was above you though.  And you ****ed me over every single time with Pickle, who was definitely after me.

no. you were never really down with the cause from the start. i thought you were gonna play with me for "ratings" and make this a good season. you played to win. 

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

i'm not gonna try to "convince" people that's not really how i do **** personally. nazgul played a clean game. i like nazgul, he's a good guy. to me at least. i played a louder game. i won more comps than him. i did more for ratings. i played a better game than nazgul. i think it's simple. 

that's how i feel with everyone honestly. i've been screwed over so many times, i'm just waiting for guys to turn. i'm aware that's a vibe i give. it's hard to trust anyone. if i smell something, i address it. i think i did that with you on two occasions and then we talked things out and i thought we both felt a little better. if i'm hearing things, i don't just keep it on the low, i try to see what's really going on. you've been one of my better pals on this site for a minute, so i was just seeing what was up. but yeah honestly i didn't trust you for a lot of the game. i can't remember, but at one point there was a rogue vote i accused you of, that i still really can't figure out who it was if it wasn't you. but i moved along and kinda just swept that one under the rug. but i still felt like it was unlikely you would ever do me dirty, and i felt like you knew i would never do you dirty. 

it's not a good thing, but i feel this is what makes me the strongest social player in the game honestly. nobody playing is able to do this better than me. it's 100% not genuine. you've always been on of my favorite guys on this site. and that's obviously not some front to get you to vote for me. but i do consider my pathos a skill. my best skill in these games. 

Oh yeah, I voted Dwight out. I lied about it to you, mission, and TLO though because I was 1) afraid there would be an overreaction about it and 2) I wanted it to continue the paranoia and dissension (especially with mission and TLO) since they were already rattled by your nominations to begin with and I knew that eventually that alliance would need to be blown up since I was probably the clearcut #4. One of those moments I alluded to in where I went against what you wanted, but not really against you. 

And thanks for the genuine answers and explanations. It helps a lot. I basically wanted to know if how you were playing was part of your strategy or not and it sounds like it is (as much as it is also just for s's & g's).

4 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

You voted to keep ET and Finn decided to keep Flux (which, btw - my promise to Finn was why you needed to be the nominee here Flux, and the fact that it ensured that you stuck with me and not ET/Outpost.

Yeah, I had deduced this tbh. 

Honestly, heading into F5 I was intending to go with whichever F3 prevailed even though I did prefer you and Fin. Even moreso than you guys winning HOH though, how Outpost played that round is why I sided with you. Outpost was even irking ET with how he was going about everything. 

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Yeah, I had deduced this tbh. 

Honestly, heading into F5 I was intending to go with whichever F3 prevailed even though I did prefer you and Fin. Even moreso than you guys winning HOH though, how Outpost played that round is why I sided with you. Outpost was even irking ET with how he was going about everything. 

Finn stuck to his guns and screwed me over.  Finn was the only one who actually stuck to what he wanted to do the whole damn game.  He played his game to perfection when nobody else could ever have done it.